Home Unreal Engine

Dynamic Physics Volume / Gravity Volume Issues

Hey all,

Today I've been working on a simple physics based mechanic for a project im working on and have ran into some problems, the aim for the mechanic is to simply provide an inhale & exhale for our player character, for example when the 'inhale' is activated nearby physics based KActors are drawn towards the player, whereas when the 'exhale' mechanic is activated nearby physics-based KActors are pushed away from the player.

The way I have this currently working is there are two separate 8-sided hollow-centred cylindrical dynamic physics volumes overlapped attached directly to the player (one for the inhale and one for the exhale).
For the 'inhale' cylinder each quadrant of the cylinder is split and is set to draw objects towards the centre; towards the player, for the 'exhale' cylinder each quadrant of the cylinder pushes objects away from the player.
Each volume is activated accordingly upon receiving a left trigger controller command (for inhale), and a right rigger controller command (for exhale).

The problem that i've came across is that I cant get kactors or rigidbodies to interact inside a any dynamic physics volumes, they interact inside a standard static physics volume or a gravity volume but since these are immovable they are useless for the task. I've tried entering 'bStatic=false' into the current gravity volume script to attempt to make it dynamic/movable however this did not work.

I was wondering if anyone had ran into this issue before and found a solution? If anyone could give me a hand with this I would be very grateful!

Cheers!

Replies