Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] William Sweetman - Envronment Artist

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
deadpixl polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys, I've been tweaking my website a bit and I'd like to get some feedback on the over all design/layout.

williamsweetman.com

Replies

• xXm0RpH3usXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
    nice, dont got much to say though...
    only nitpick would be that the "grading" in your titles almost looks like bad jpeg compression at first sight.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty good stuff, LOTS of wasted space in the top banner. border=0 is your friend.
  • David-J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David-J polycounter lvl 11
    Looks good. My only critic would be the use of you spec maps on some of your projects. The cerberus hallway and the floor panel. There is almost no spec information on those images even though they are both metal heavy. Other than that good work. Also maybe, just thinking out loud, besides the home button a Back to top button.
  • Serith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serith polycounter lvl 9
    great stuff. Don't know what the need of the "Home" button on the homepage is, but other than that, tip top site! Also, on a side note, I love the scarygirl stuff! Fun game with a great art style :)
  • deadpixl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deadpixl polycounter lvl 9
    @Morph - Yeah, I think I might up the res on some of those images, I saved them pretty low.

@cholden - Thanks man, I've taken some of the spacing out, I think I might make my images smaller to get more art work to the upper portion of the site.

@david - Thanks, yeah I sort of borked the spec maps on those assets. I might go back and tweak them, but I'd really like to just get better assets in there, haha. I'll have to see about adding a back to the top at the bottom or something.

@serith - Thanks, scarygirl was fun to work on, lots of freedom! Yeah I'll I might switch that to a "to the top" button.