Home Technical Talk

[zbrush] tapping fast get to a bug/feature?

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
bugo polycounter lvl 17
Hey. I'm curious here, while tapping really fast into a model, zbrush brings the meshes to the viewport and makes weird positioning, anybody else know how to avoid this? I need to sculpt tapping fast... :)

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Try reducing the click timer in the Preferences: Interface menu. I think that used to be the old culprit on older versions / more sensitive computers.
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    That and don't use alt+click to select subtools, create a macro and assign a shortcut to it.

Btw I'm EAGERLY waiting they fix the drop to canvas bug, you know, when you're working and god knows why suddendly you get a duplicated subtool dropped to canvas... They said they found the cause and would publish a bugfix, it was scheduled for release: last week.
    And now I'm affraid, cause when pixologic say they will release something and don't, this mean they added things to the patch and I will have to wait a month (or more) and this thing is REALLY getting on my nerves.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    BeatKitano wrote: »
    That and don't use alt+click to select subtools, create a macro and assign a shortcut to it.

care to elaborate on this? :)
    are you talking about creating a different key+click combination to select subtools?

since i got so annoyed with the constant unwanted reorientation/framing of models when clicking swiftly, i changed the click timer but am now dearly missing the subtool select functionality...
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    /*
    * Put this file in the ZStartup\Macros\Misc folder
    * Start ZBrush and assign a hotkey to the "Auto Select SubTool" button
    * in the Macros>Misc submenu.
    */

[IButton,???,"Select SubTool by hotkey",
    [IPress,Preferences:Edit:Auto Select SubTool]
    [IKeyPress,1064,[CanvasClick,[MouseHPos],[MouseVPos]]]
    [IUnPress,Preferences:Edit:Auto Select SubTool]
    ,,1]

I don't remember from where this comes from but I just use that with click timer tweak.
    Now you just put your mouse over the subtool you want and press the associated shortcut, don't forget to deactivate auto select subtool before calling this macro for the first time.
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    thanks for all the help guys
  • mafida
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mafida polycounter lvl 12
    Actually You can disable this "feature" in zbrush 4R2.Preferences/Edit/Enable Gestures.
  • dreatern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dreatern polycounter lvl 6
    I think zbrush r4b managed to break the record of bugs. The constant snapshot is annoying, move elastic dont work and crash everytime, transpose full of bugs....
    I hope the next updates come with no new feature, only bug fixes.
    I saw a post in zbrushcentral.com saying that a fix would be released in one week (including the "tapping fast"), but do not know where it is... already have two weeks. I have not received any Pixo email about the fix update
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    BeatKitano: thanks very much! :)