Home Technical Talk

Best way to create a homepage to sell content.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
Hi guys.

I am planning to create a homepage to sell my own content. I really have no clue where to start. Are there any cheap solution for this kind of page? The idea is to sell handpainted textures.

Any ideas ?

Kindly // Jimmy

Replies

• Toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toast polycounter lvl 11
    Maybe use a site like 3DOcean.net?

Automatic exposure and all the hardwork is already done, obviously though they take a commission but I think you'd acheive more sells there than a homepage I'd think.

Peter Guthrie selling his HDRI textures has made a killing, probably in the tens of thousands.
  • jimpaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks alot for the link will look into it. I know Unity forums are great aswell, the thing is i dont really like the 30 % loss, also the remaining monwy must be taxed (- 50 %) , so i dont like thoose odds. Oh i just saw that graphic rivers prices arent exactly good either..
  • jeremiah_bigley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    I am on 3docean and if you are an exclusive author you get 50%

I like it outside of that. You get out what you put in... so it could be really rewarding if you have the time.
  • jimpaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for the answer,

Unity only takes 30 % and you are allowed to sell you content wherever you like. 50 sounds pretty much, how much content do you have and how much do you make a month ?