Home Technical Talk

UDK -Cube Maps

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
salacious_Crumb polycounter lvl 11
I'm setting up a cube map for window reflections. Following 3dmotives tutorial.
Set everything up ok and its working. The problem is some cubemaps in UDK are the right way up, and some look sideways.
for instance the cubemap T_CHK_BlurredReflection_Cune_Dup looks fine, the reflections in my windows are the right way up etc.
But the one i want to use T_LT_Buildings_SM_cityscape_Cubemap appears sideways.

I realise this is to do with the way a cubemap is set up. Something to do with which pictures you choose as front, side, back etc. I just can't figure out how to change it. Is there any good links to tutorials on this?

Replies

• salacious_Crumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Or is there any way to rotate the cubemap so it appears the right way up?
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    some of the cubemaps are created with world coords in mind, some are created with view or local coords in mind.

Its all abut what setting you use in your vector transform node.

Cityscape, I believe, is a view space map. If that's the only one you're going to use, then just change your vector transform node.
    If you're using captured ones or going to switch from map to map, then leave your transform alone and just dont use that particular cubemap.
  • salacious_Crumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Vaillias. I think I get it now. I thought i might have to go in and change how the cubemap was set up!
    I have the vector transform set to Tangent/view. It looks ok, and it will pass for my portfolio.

(and i just realised this should have been in the UDK section of Technical Talk, -sorry!)