Home Technical Talk

Zbrush how to increae density?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hi I amworking on a model in zbrush and I find that I have to stretch a bit some parts but , in the low poly level , I have very few polygons there , without going back and redo all by scratch , can I increase the density of those selected areas a bit ? in the lowest poly subdivision? if so how?

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
  • SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    Wasn´t it also possible to use GoZ to Send it back and forth between Zbrush and 3dsmax?
    Export your lowest subdiv. Add polies here and there export it back and reconstruct subdivs?
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    There are a few options, each with different pros and cons depending on what you're working with and what you're trying to accomplish.
    • Dynamesh/remesh will create an even density across the entire mesh, but will completely change the topology.
    • You could mask everything, unmask the area you want more density in, and then subdivide.
    • You could cut the mesh up with the slice curve brush. It might help to isolate the part of the mesh you're working on when doing this.
    • The ol' Edge Loop Button might be useful.
    • Retopology. This can be done in zbrush even, use Tools: Topology: Select Topo (zsphere only) to copy the existing topology, and then Edit Topology to begin adding the new verts. External applications might be faster depending on the mesh and how much you wish to rework the topology