Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Arthur Ramazanov Anatomy Studies(Nudity)

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Arthur Ramazanov polycounter lvl 12
2 Hour Sketch
5996581_orig.jpg?1326365498

5170085_orig.jpg?1326365505

7022946_orig.jpg?1326365513

4978362_orig.jpg?1326417008

1 Hour Wrinkle Study

5988198_orig.jpg?1326417019

2 Hour Troll Head with Wrinkle sketch

3001870_orig.jpg?1326417061

8400077_orig.jpg?1326417074
1 hour
Female Torso

8126368_orig.jpg?1326417089

1 Hour Male Torso

I will be trying to post daily 1 hour sketches starting today - anatomy is always best when you do it every day :)

Replies

• Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    muscles are fine except some issues u got at the shoulders and lower legs.
    also it seems like you know where the muscles are, but the shapes are not so correct. there are too many issues here to point out.

what works best in this case is lots of lifedrawing, in terms of anatomy i gues it is way better doing lifedrawing instead of sculpting from some anatomical refernce.

btw daily practise is a good habbit. hope you can stick to this, i never could :P

also it is not important how long a sculpt took you. if you are here for getting crits this seems like an excuse for lack of quality. better take your time, do only one practise a day but do it right.

thats also another reason why lifedrawing is way better for practise, cause u can draw and hopefully understand way more shapes in less time compared to sculpting.
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, I know the calf muscle is off - the shoulder muscle is off.

But that's why it is called a sketch rather than a finished model. Its practice...Just like you post on your blogspot
    Setting a time limit for me is important - it helps me focus, get faster at sculpting...

From what I remember from my anatomy drawing classes - we always did 3 minute 5 minute 20 minute and 1 hour sketches with charcoal...every time we went to class...Since I spend most of my time in 3D packages, my brain works the opposite way - my 3D helps my 2D... I decided to do my sketches in 3D. There are a lot of people who do their anatomy studies in a 3D package - just check ZbrushCentral.
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    well if you feel better with 3D then do it this way, was just giving you hints here.

its just my oppinion, but i think going for speed is only worth it if you are satisfied with the result you are getting.
    usually you first try to achieve a certain result no matter the time, and when you achieved it you can go replicate it in as less time as possible.
    if you are satisfied with your results feel free to go for speed. if you are not i´d recommend you to not look at the clock, atleast for now.
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm I see what you're saying...I'll give it a try... thanks for the advice :)
    I just know that the only way I have time to practice is 1 hour a day the rest of the time I'm either modeling a longer term project
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WIP.jpg

WIP zombie Bust
    2 hours So far
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Apel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apel polycounter lvl 6
    Girl ass looks unrealistique.
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Apel wrote: »
    Girl ass looks unrealistique.

By all means, please feel free to iterate on what you mean. Post examples, or figure reference to point out areas of improvement, instead of posting a statement that does nothing to improve the sculpt.
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message