Home Technical Talk

make polygons even on zbrush sculpt

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hi I remember there was a way to relax the polygons alignement without morphing the shape of the sculpted model , you know that sometimes when you push here or stretch there the polygons get stretched and elongated sometimes , so I was wondering if someone remembers the way of relaxing the topology without changing the shape .....

Replies

• fr0gg1e
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fr0gg1e polycounter lvl 17
    relax in the deformation pannel might be the one.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Remesh/dynamesh might be a good option here.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah if you have ZB4R2, Dynamesh is the way to go. Cool thing about Dynamesh is that you can mask off areas to affect, which you cannot do with the relax functionality.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    I have zbrush 4.0 , is not present this dynamesh function in it? only in ZB4R2?
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    I tried relax in the deformation panel and messed up some parts of the mesh and created some holes .....
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    There's Dynamesh and Remesh/Project (the latter of the two being the Z4R1 option) but those would change the entire topology which isn't so friendly if there was an edgeflow you wanted to preserve (like a character's face).

If the changes aren't drastic you could try the equalize surface area button (Geo palette). Or step down a few subdivision levels, smooth the area, and hit Reproject Higher Subdivision (Subtool Palette).

If the change was drastic (like trying to extrude a limb out of a sphere), you could retopologize the mesh. You should be able to copy over the existing topology and only make changes to the new area. Just select a zsphere, and use Topology>>Select Topo. Pick the old mesh, and then click Topology>>Edit Topology to begin making changes. You could also do this in an external app with GoZ.