Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first iPhone game! (trailer and screens)

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
ivars polycounter lvl 15
I just recently quit my job and started a small studio with a couple of friends. We will focus on iOS and portable platforms. We just released our first game, Crystal Lights.

Just wanted to share it with you, and do some shameless promotion ;)

It's a puzzle game in which you split and combine the colors of light to solve different puzzles. It's made in Unity as a universal build for iPhone, iPad and iPod. (not tested on iPod though) The development time was about 2 months and it was our first time using Unity.

Check out the trailer here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ln53W4Uk-k"]Crystal Lights trailer - YouTube[/ame]

App Store link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crystal-lights/id478684819?mt=8

Our website:
http://www.sliceofsoup.com

And here are some screenshots:
2.jpg1.jpg
5.jpg3.jpg

Replies

• Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    cool, looks like a fun puzzle game. executed well too. at the end of your video you should say the name of the game again.
  • AsaNYC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AsaNYC polycounter lvl 12
    This looks great. I second the name repeat and also suggest editing the text to say "starts off easy" as you left out an "F."
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    that is a very cool work ! :D i do hope to get it on android XD
  • cparrish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cparrish polycounter lvl 18
    Nice I played it for about a half hour this morning, your pacing and reward feedback are really well done. Art is nice and clean too :)
  • ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    Thanks guys. Glad you like it!
    And thank you for pointing out those errors, I'll fix that asap.
  • dannedadon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dannedadon polycounter lvl 11
    Looks like fun, just bought it :)
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    spelling mistake in your video (0:46 seconds in)

looks nice, bought
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that is a very cool work ! :D i do hope to get it on android XD

Unity outputs to Android so I think you'll probably be in luck.
  • Maph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph polycounter lvl 8
    Looks really nice man! I actually had a similar idea a while back!
    I'll be getting this, gotta support the fellow indie devs. :)
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really enjoyed messing about with this, it's a real brain-teaser. Better than train yard actually! Looks sexy on the iPad.

nice dance too.
  • ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    Thanks again guys! I really appreciate the support!
    We fixed the trailer :)

We have no current plans for an android release, but if the game do any good, we will definitely consider it.

Maph: Tried the Maze Game in your link :) Lovely, great svisuals! And the sound is ace. (Though I managed to loose one sword when pushing the tile with it out of the level :P There was also a troll on the tile, but only he teleported to the opposite side.)
  • Maph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph polycounter lvl 8
    ivars wrote: »

We have no current plans for an android release, but if the game do any good, we will definitely consider it.

Maph: Tried the Maze Game in your link :) Lovely, great svisuals! And the sound is ace. (Though I managed to loose one sword when pushing the tile with it out of the level :P There was also a troll on the tile, but only he teleported to the opposite side.)

Let's hope your game does well then! An Android release would cool as well. :)

A little OT: That web build of MageMaze is seriously old... :D The game has evolved tremendously since then. If you feel like playing it, shoot me a pm with your e-mail and I'll add you to the beta list. :)
    That bug you mentioned was fixed a while ago for our internal builds.
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

do you know that publishing an app at android cost only 25$ at once for infinite number of apps ? beside, you don't need to post the app at official market :)

ps : i can be a beta tester for the android version by the way.

pss : other thing : i recently learned that android in world is now 52,5% used than 16,9% for symbian and 15% for apple and it's only 3th part of 2011 years ! which mean it's getting more popular than apple system. ^^;
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    I've played it on the subway in the morning this past week.. The difficulty is at a perfect level, you never really get stuck-STUCK. Well worth the dollar :) With that being said, the 12th level in world 4 is broken, it must be. I can't get past it :D

Great job! Looking forward to your next release! :)
  • ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    allaze-eroler: The android market is really interesting, and like Hawken said, unity also works with android. Android support for Unity is 1500$ though, hopefully that will be possible in the near future :)

sltrOlsson: Glad you're having fun with it! Hehe, that's a tricky one. Here's a hint: You need red light... ;)
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler: The android market is really interesting, and like Hawken said, unity also works with android. Android support for Unity is 1500$ though, hopefully that will be possible in the near future :)

sltrOlsson: Glad you're having fun with it! Hehe, that's a tricky one. Here's a hint: You need red light... ;)

ah ! i totally forgot that unity is not totally free for android version and that price.... oh gosh ! it's litterally cintiq price ! >_< also, if i don't mistake, you can get a discount for android version by using your serial code in store, if i remember well, it will give you the price of 500$ or less for android version.
  • ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    Thread necromancy!

Just wanted to let you guys know we've made the game available to play at our website. Check out www.sliceofsoup.com if you want to try it out. (It's the complete game)
  • berry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    berry polycounter lvl 12
    cool game . can i ask how much did you sell?
  • Icarox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Icarox polycounter lvl 6
    Hi, I really like the cover you got on the website! :)
    The game was interesting too, the overall aesthetics were clean and the overall pacing felt really good.
  • ZeroCartin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZeroCartin polycounter lvl 16
    Ivars this is great! :) Glad to see other entrepeneurs in polycount :D