Home General Discussion

Fastest selling game on PSN ever is....

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
Infamous 2 DLC! Gotta admit it makes me a little proud :poly142:

This isn't for most sales, mind you, but for the fastest selling game.

You can get the DLC for a mere $10 without needing to own Infamous 2!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212317p1.html

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    What exactly does fastest selling game actually mean? The released it and 1 person bought it 5 seconds later?
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right, because after you work hard on a project for several months all you wanna hear is some smart ass remark. Grats slipsius.
  • cgmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cgmonkey polycounter lvl 18
    Meh -- come back when you've crunched for a year.

Congratulations ;) I'm sure I'll check it out!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    i didnt mean to sound like a dick. im serious curious what it actually means though. like. fastest game to sell 100k copies? or what? The article doesnt say. And ive heard that phrase before, just dont know what is means. smallest amount of time between purchases in the first week?

the game looks fantastic, and im a huge fan of that series. sorry if i offended you. Just dunno what they mean by fastest selling
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    Did Infamous 2 actually get released? Unless this is some sort of Case Zero/West thingy...?
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dangit... double post
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not offended, I figured you were giving a sarcastic response so I gave you a sarcastic response :poly124:

I'm assuming it means selling X number of copies in X time. What those numbers are I have no idea.

ICHII3D: Infamous 2 was released back in June. What Case Zero/West thingy are you takling about?
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Congrats, man, and all you folks at Sucker Punch! I just got inFamous 2 a while back and had to flipping clear it all 100% in 1 sitting(with a break for sleep), that's how much I enjoyed it.
    So I'd love to look into DLC when I have the opportunity.

cheers
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Congrats man. I picked it up. It's only $10 I think right now. Totally a blast to play. It's not even DLC d1ver. It's actually just a one off. Really well done though I think. It's comparable to the Red Dead Zombies deal. Except vampires, and parkour if either of those are your deal.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Congrats on the metric! (even though I'm not entirely sure what it means... heh)

And an even bigger congrats on the cool content!
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeffro is right, you actually DON'T need Infamous 2 to get the DLC, which I think is a very smart idea. I hate it when I wait a few months to buy a game only to find out that they have like 5 DLCs released within that amount of time, all of which require the full original game.

Festival of Blood is more of like... a really big demo for $10. You get the full first island as a playground, full access to UGC, and a short storyline with some side collectibles and trophies. If you like it, you can get the full game afterwards :)
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    Sounds cool to me, very similar to what Dead Rising 2 did with Case West and Case Zero. Zero was released before the game came out and was a small taste of the experience in a complete mini game, not just a demo. You had to pay for it but I believe it sold up to a million and was really successful for Capcom, especially considering the game wasn't even released yet.

There is a massive market for small contained digital only games at a triple A quality. Especially considering they are cheaper, small and more contained for working people who can easily invest time into a small contained experience without requiring the full product. I personally feel we will see a lot more of them in the future. Much like what Valve tried with Half-Life but kind of failed.

I believe Alan Wake is going full digital small segment downloads, much like how you would download an episode of Lost or Breaking Bad etc... Nothing been announced yet for it but it sounds like its going to be like that from interviews etc...

Oh and not to forget, congratulations :D
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    did not buy this dlc..

got infamous 1 just so that I could keep up when infamous 2 released.. got it day1

not needing the original game to play the dlc doesn't feel like a dlc to me I guess...
    I should play it..but I dunno...it's not infamous you know....

prolly get it someday though, I should...