Home Technical Talk

3ds Max 'WRAPIT" script... tutorials please!

howdy resident geniuses, I'm hoping you can help me out here.

I'mm trying to use the WRAPIT script for Max 2012. Unfortunately, I ca't find any documentation or online videu tutorials. Can someone guide me to a guide to this great value software?

Thanks and best regards :poly121:
David

Replies

• low odor
  • WhiteNorthStar
    thanks low odor

yeah, I've gone through a lot of the documentation, but what I'm trying to do is slightly different.

Basically, I have a huge selection of building shaped objects (not just squares, but a whole range of modern architectural shapes.... irregular, skewed, you name it.

As the next step, I'd like to apply sheets of windows to the facades.... using the original building shapes as the guide to wrap these sheets around. I'm sure this functionality exists, but I just can't find a Wrapit video guide (or a more suitable plugin)

please help me, enlightened luminaries :-D
  • SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    Use the original building shapes as the high poly, use graphite tools to make a new Poly Obj and start working.
  • WhiteNorthStar
    you bright lads, you've given me two workable solutions, thank you. :thumbup:

however, I firmly believe that I can create a library of 30 or 40 window facades (hundreds of windows in each facade), and paste them to fit a big library of irregular building shapes, using a tool like Wrapit (or similar) saving me a ton of effort and giving a ton of variety and allowing me to create nice low poly detail per window facade.

Am I dreaming, or is this possible?