Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

fantasy dinosaur collaboration

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
hello folk, i recently started a small project done with my buddy seenya for our respective portfolio, seenya and i are trying to create a fantasy dinosaur which it will be in full 3D. of course, we will make it as a tutorial for 3Dtotal as free tutorial. i'm already excited to work on this small project and i do hope it will turn out wonderfull :D well, enough talking, time to share the WIP !

At the very beginning, seenya and i were talking about zbrush technology and she suddently suggest me to work on something like a collaboration art trade. i really liked the idea, i did say yes why not ! some day after, i started to visit some site like www.mikecorriero.com or www.zbrushcentral.com i discover some wonderfull image about dinosaurs i was thinking it's a very good idea to work on the dinosaur. So i first started to sketch up with my favorist software called photoshop, i do first them as thumbnail.

thumbnail_dino_v1.jpg

after i showed the sketches to Seenya, she did found an idea for the third dinosaur, she show me the concept that i really appreciate.

Haisexy.jpg

then i started to mess up around with the coulor, refined the concept art and finalize the coulor for to turn like it

Haisexy_final.jpg

the next step, we will talk about how we will use the character for a 3D scenery done with zbrush and an 3D software. i will let seenya talk about the concept design in the next post. :)

Replies