Home General Discussion

2012 IGF Pirate Kart - 300 free indie games!

The 2012 IGF Pirate Kart is a FREE and LEGAL compilation of over 300 games by over 100 developers! It has been submitted to the 2012 Independent Games Festival Main Competition!

http://www.piratekart.com/

As if you didn't already already have enough games to play!

Downloading now...

Replies

• leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    I forgot to participate in this. I still regret not doing so. I was going to do a 32-bit remix of "The Fuking Grand Prix" for it, in SWF form...
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Sweet i'll check this out. Is there any sort of top ten list for all the 300 games? It'd be nice to know which ones are "must plays", I probably wont try all 300, though space racist i'm playing out of morbid curiosity.

Just bought this indie bundle today:
    http://www.indieroyale.com/

Deserves its own post but since there's already an indie game thread i'll just put it here. I bought it purely for Sanctum but the other 3 games have blown away my expectations.

Gemini Rue: Amazing adventure game in the style and quality level of the old lucas arts games. Sorta like blade runner which is awesome. Having to choose whether to use mouth foot hands or eye on something is sorta annoying but adds to the old school vibe.

Ares Extinction: Megaman Clone. Not as good but very playable, for such a low price of the bundle a steal.

Nimbus: Some of the best level design i've ever seen in a puzzle game. Nice lively graphics and simple gameplay. Amazingly well made levels that make beating it a breeze, but getting the perfect run a debilitating but rewarding challenge.

Sanctum: Downloading this one right now, but figured this game made the game worth the price on its own.

Anyway, plenty of indie love to go around today, check it out.
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yup saw the indieroyale bundle earlier today Gemini Rue is tempting me to purchase... maybe a bit later.

So far I've gotten a few laughs out of the Pirate Cart but nothing mindblowingly awesome. These games seem to be an assortment game design demos so far.

There's the mini reviews, but rather than skim through those for a good review it seems faster and more fun to just choose a random game and play.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Played maybe 15 and they were all rubbish- like, things people made in flash in a day, et cetera. And so I just deleted it. Not my cup of tea. And really, I wouldn't call these "Indie"- more like "quickly-made" or "silly"- indie, for me, suggests it to be a rather serious project, where these seem hardly that. There may be a few mixed in, but it isn't worth sorting through the nonsense for me.
    Cool that it's free, but heading over to addictinggames, or whatever the big flashgame site is now-a-days, would prove more advantageous.