Offline / Send Message
Belias polycounter lvl 14
Hello, I bought a ps3, and have these games

PES 2009
HomeFront
God of war 3

please suggest games for me.... :)

i'm thinking of mgs4 and soul calibur
PS: ahh, and i have a 32 inch HD screen now :)

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    Uncharted 1, 2, and reserve 3.

Little Big Planet
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If I bought uncharted 2 before 1, will I lose any part of the story?
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    not if you watch this. but its still a good game.. but even in general..no not really

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFzyG1CYhaw"]Uncharted - All Cutscenes in HD - YouTube[/ame]
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    [ninja edit]
    Whoops, I quickly read psp, not ps3.

In that case, I really enjoyed Heavenly Sword, and anything inFAMOUS.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    HUH? Thats PSP dude.

I can recommend ICO and Shadow of the Colossus if you missed them on the PS2.

Heavy Rain is also worth the experience. Red Dead Redemption is also great fun and a good sandbox style timewaster.
  • biofrost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    biofrost polycounter lvl 12
    Catherine is a great puzzle game, God of war origins and god of war hd collection if you want them both in hd. If you into Katamari, Katamari Forever is a pretty decent pick up and play game too. Most important is Yakuza 3 and 4. I could not recommend those two enough. Plus they both have recaps of Yakuza 1 and 2(and 3 if you just get 4)

(English trailers don't do this game justice)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5e5UJIptpw&feature=related"]Yakuza 4 (!) full HD Gameplay inside Scenes Sneak - YouTube[/ame]
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Resistance 3 is pretty good, the Killzone series too if you want to have eyegasms.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Infamous 2. Get Joe Danger from PSN.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Uncharted Series!!! Or Dark Souls.. But if you want PS3 exclusives... Yakuza series are great, resistance, killzone, and Heavenly Sword should be super cheap by now.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    If you're going for just exclusives, here's a list of what's available:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

Otherwise these are some good ones I've played:

Uncharted (It's a great game, and shouldn't be skipped)
    Uncharted 2
    Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time
    The Sly Collection
    Vanquish
  • Baj Singh
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    Yes definitely get MGS4, it's amazing how that game still holds up so well.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    DEMON SOULS!!! and when youve finished that Dark souls

final fantasy
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    God of War 3
    MGS 4
    Uncharted Series
    Resident Evil 5
    Fight Night
    FiFA - not necessarily 12, still getting used to it.
    SKATE is fun
    Killzone 2
    Read Dead Redmption is good, can be played quickly if you stick to the storyline.
    Burnout Paradise is a laugh also.
    GT5
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Do you have any other consoles? I've noticed people are mainly posting PS3 exclusives.

If not, then I'd suggested:
    Any of the Call of Duties (Modern Warfare 3 is coming soon)
    Battlefield 3 (coming this week)
    Little Big Planet
    Uncharted (I didn't like 1's controls. 2 was definitely better, but you can buy as a duel pack now)
    Assassin's Creed (any of them)
    Batman (either of them)
    Lego: Star Wars (or almost any of the lego series)
  • jarrede
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jarrede polycounter lvl 7
    call me old fashioned but super stardust HD is awesome.
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tnx all, any game like onimusha on PS3?
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Belias wrote: »
    tnx all, any game like onimusha on PS3?

Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 (and 3 soon).
    God of War trilogy
    Bayonetta
    Devil May cry
    Demon's Souls/Dark souls possibly (less exaggerated/frantic action, or more realistic, however you wanna look at it)
  • Baj Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    One more underrated gem to add to the list:

Vanquish

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT5wg51JB8w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT5wg51JB8w[/ame]

Fantastic game, short but you can pick it up quite cheap. Amazing visuals. Basically Gears of War on speed.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea Vanquish is absolutely fantastic. Done by the same studio that made Bayonetta. Not very long or diverse, but from a gameplay perspective it's my game of the generation :D
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    notman wrote: »
    D
    Uncharted (I didn't like 1's controls. 2 was definitely better, but you can

What do you mean? it's basically the same.

I know that Uncharted2 is OMGWTFBBQ of a game but I don't understand the hate for Uncharted1, still one of the best games for PS3 without a doubt, so yes, don't skip it, get it!
  • MadnessImport
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't know our genres but the best PS3 games Ive had a chance to play/Finish and enjoyed enough to recommend are:

Mass Effect 2 (Currently my Second favorite game (Metroid prime 2 being my first love) )
    Demon's Souls (4 times completed)
    Dark Souls (Only played dont own yet </3)
    Uncharted (Its like a movie)
    Devil may cry 4 (Its not amazing but its awesome)
    Borderlands (wasn't that bad)
    Mirrors edge (I dont know why but this was very good)
    Metal gear solid 4 (Did you know snake gets teased by his co-workers because his name is oddly perverted?)
    Marvel vs Capcom 3
    Crysys 2 (MY FREEKIN GAWD i loved this for no real reason but i do)
    I like Fantasy/Dark Fantasy/ Sci-FI/Fast paced Fighting and some post-apoc games. i don't play any straight shooters as there 999.3% repetitive and easy

Games i barely care for but get my props are:
    Need for speed Hot pursuit 2 (Dem'Good Graphics)
    Red dead redemption (Dat Good story)
    COD Zombie Mode (Dose late nights killing zombies with my best bud)

Games you should avoid unless your a Fantasy RPG loving, life time waisting dope:
    White night chronicles (It was annoying AND boring Bull****! Seriously, Enemies can attack me half way across the map but i need to be in there face to deal damage?!! gtfo)

If you got the Backwards compatible PS3's then PLEASE get your hands on the .Hack// Series that was a game to remember. The games will always be better than there Animated counter parts
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] wrote: »
    What do you mean? it's basically the same.

I know that Uncharted2 is OMGWTFBBQ of a game but I don't understand the hate for Uncharted1, still one of the best games for PS3 without a doubt, so yes, don't skip it, get it!

I had some of the same frustrations as I did with the first Assassin's Creed. You die a lot, because the character jumps in directions that you don't want him to go. Definitely worth a play, but if I were to choose one, it would be number 2. But like I said, they sell a dual pack now, so get them both in one package.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    notman wrote: »
    But like I said, they sell a dual pack now, so get them both in one package.

Or wait for the inevitable trilogy pack :p
  • Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan polycounter lvl 8
    Updated list:

GT5 (for the love of god, pick up the DLC. Spa and the new karts are awesome).
    Uncharted 2 (pick up 1 if they come in a bundle, otherwise just get 3, it comes out soon).
    Demon's Souls (you will die, you'll work for your fun, but by god is it delicious).
    LittleBigPlanet 1/2. (Pick up whichever. Personally I prefer the first, do damn delightful)
    Heavy Rain (enjoy all your fingers, and the 22 different endings).
    Wipeout HD (+ expansions, they're like $10 now).
    ICO Collection (awesome value, awesome gameplay, awesome soundtrack).
    Resistance 1 AND/OR 3 (avoid 2 and it's 2-weapons health regen rubbish).
    Flow, Flower, Journey (ignore the hipster surrounding, these are good).
    Motorstorm 2 (avoid 1 (no good splitscreen), 3 wasn't as good as 2).
    Killzone 2 or 3 (look fantastic, alternative to BF/COD).

LOOK OUT FOR:

The Last Guardian (the tale of a boy and his dog-bird, made by team ICO).
    Uncharted 3 (Harrison Ford liked it, and he's Indiana Jones).
    Twisted Metal (car/truck/helicopter/missile/meatgrinder based combat.

And be sure to look up any PS1 games you likes on the PS Store or pick them up for about $1 at your local game shop. PS3's all play PS1 discs, but even if the disc is getting on and doesn't work right, you're down $1.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan wrote: »
    Uncharted 2 (pick up 1 if they come in a bundle, otherwise just get 3, it comes out soon).

I just can't understand gamers today. Even if a game is great it's not worth getting apparently as soon as the sequel's out.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Uncharted 1, 2 and hopefully, when it hits, 3.

You can pretty much skip everything else. God Of War is a bore, MGS4 was probably the worst of the series and I think even I aged a bit while waiting for actual gameplay, and Killzone is one of the most over hyped shooters of this generation (Pretty though). Oh and you can skip Resistence as well, because its shockingly worse than Killzone.

Of course this is all my thoughts :p

Should pick up a 360 as well, some solid titles there that 99% of the time are better than they are on PS3 anyway. I only use my PS3 for BluRay, Uncharted and media streaming, oddly.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    No bias there at all.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I'm just one of those guys that likes the 360 exclusives way more. Gears, Halo etc were all bigger, more better hits for me than the likes of MGS, which anybody who actually enjoyed and thought was better than any of the others, needs their head looking at :p

Like I said, my thoughts, thats all ;)

I still have all three consoles, in this day and age it makes sense. But to me, I only get the really good exclusives on my PS3, and leave the multi's for the 360. Plus the Playstation pad.... Uggggh, so terrible. Those sticks make it impossible to play a FPS on for example. The 360 pad is just pure sex...

HOWEVER... When it comes to anything needing a dpad, then the PS pad always wins, hands down.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not to turn this into a console war, since Belias bought a PS3, so case closed, BUT, I'm the reverse of you. I'm tired of the MS greed, which had gotten worse since I originally purchased my 360. Like you, I have all 3 systems (the wii belongs to my kids). When my original 360 died, because of a shitty video device, I seriously debated if I should bother replacing it. Unfortunately, I had to many games/controllers for it already, so it would have been a bigger waste to not replace it. But since then, I've only purchased 360 exclusives for it, and everything else, I get on the PS3.... the PS3 that has lasted longer than my original 360, and shows no signs of dying.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    How has everyone missed Wipeout HD? It's the only game that got played on my Ps3 before it died. I would also have bought Catherine, however it's *still* not available in the UK.
  • Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz wrote: »
    I just can't understand gamers today. Even if a game is great it's not worth getting apparently as soon as the sequel's out.

It's simple. Games are the opposite of movies.

Movie sequels are worse than the original, except Terminator 2, Godfather 2 and Star Wars Episode 5 (Luke I am your father).

Game sequels are better than the originals, except for Deus Ex, Doom, and Mario (none of this waggling rubbish).

Uncharted is like the Indiana Jones trilogy. You won't need to see all three of them in the right order, and they got better with time.

If anyone cares to think otherwise, then they just haven't acknowledged shorty's obvious death.

Also, if he gets 3 and 2, then perhaps spending the money on something different might be nice?
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Shorty didn't die. He went to boarding school in the US and became an archeologist.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    There is a bundle for Uncharted 1 and 2. I got it with my preorder of the ps3 with uncharted 3. Plus some other games. I enjoyed the first inFamous. I dunno about the second one, since i have not played it. But i heard good things about the mission creation and stuff.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/UNCHARTED-Greatest-Hits-Dual-sony-playstation3/dp/B0055202HE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319470973&sr=8-3"]http://www.amazon.com/UNCHARTED-Greatest-Hits-Dual-sony-playstation3/dp/B0055202HE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319470973&sr=8-3[/ame]
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Brendan wrote: »
    It's simple. Games are the opposite of movies.

Movie sequels are worse than the original, except Terminator 2, Godfather 2 and Star Wars Episode 5 (Luke I am your father).

Game sequels are better than the originals, except for Deus Ex, Doom, and Mario (none of this waggling rubbish).

Uncharted is like the Indiana Jones trilogy. You won't need to see all three of them in the right order, and they got better with time.

If anyone cares to think otherwise, then they just haven't acknowledged shorty's obvious death.

Also, if he gets 3 and 2, then perhaps spending the money on something different might be nice?

Good points. Why buy a game that has less features than the other one. Its only worth it if you are in it for the story/characters
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Andreas wrote: »
    Good points. Why buy a game that has less features than the other one. Its only worth it if you are in it for the story/characters

Hmm, I think I have to disagree. Gameplay features alone don't make a game. For example; I would always recommend Aassisn's Creed II over Brotherhood. The latter one might have more features and content, but I felt that it's narrative, flow and mission structure were absolutely rubbish compared to ACII, which conversely felt like it was put together with more care. I could go on and on about that, but that would be just my personal opinion. But anyway, you get the idea ;)

I don't want to go offtopic, so here's my mention. The new Ratchet and Clank games. I've always been a sucker for those cartoony platformers, though it seems like lately Insomniac had been focusing more on the guns and actiony bits.

Also, Disgaea 3 and 4 but that's only for people who are into Excel spreadsheets.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd call that the true difference between a casual gamer and a harcore one. A hardcore gamer cares about the whole experience of the titles they buy, a casual gamer is only interested in passing the time or getting a quick fix before doing something else.
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its not out yet but end of the beginning looks really good
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
  • Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its not out yet but end of the beginning looks really good
    Wasn't that the game on the Canadian breakfast TV show? I thought that's just a UDK mod...
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finished GOW3 and homefront, now let's finish these

uncharted 1
    uncharted 2
    uncharted 3
    batman
    gta IV
    Mafia 2
    jack and daxter
    Bayonetta
  • Tom Pritchard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hear Joe Danger, by British indie outfit, Hello Games, is pretty awesome.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    LA noir is an amazing game, looks great too.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Skyrim. You won't need any other game.
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    First thing you should do, get it pimped out!

41kCg652pxL.jpg
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    Valkyria Chronicles is amazing.

I've also been playing Disgaea 4, pretty fun Tactics RPG, and you don't need to play the other 3 or any spinoffs to really understand what's going on.

Motorstorm games are actually tons of fun.

Fat Princess, Little Big Planet and Okabu are pretty fun and on the light and happy side of things. LBP and LBP are great games for just dropping in and dropping out from time to time, whenever you get back to the game people have new interesting levels up.

Demon's Souls is great, MGS4 was really good, Ratchet and Clank Future: Crack in Time is really great.

Modnation Racers was pretty good.

Other than those there isn't too much I can think of that isn't PS3 exclusive.

I really enjoy Bomberman Ultra, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Red Dead Redemption, and Blazblue a lot.
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I are playings bayonetta :)
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    SCB wrote: »
    First thing you should do, get it pimped out!

41kCg652pxL.jpg

OMG WANT !!!
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bayonetta is nicer than gow3, it is split into chapters... :)