Home Technical Talk

UDK Custom multi input "if" function for multiple texture switching.

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
tuxmask75 polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys, I'm doing a sprite based game where there are 8 walk directions which need to be passed over to kismet.
(I can pass over to kismet, thats not a problem.( threw a scalar parameter, and material instance)
I've done a shader to allow this all to happen, however its very long winded, and requires multiple lerps that I will call gates here.
In order to access the last texture in the string each gate needs to be open from front to back. (1 being opened, 0 being closed)
This causes issues down the line in kismet as it needs a fairly complex system to open and close the proper amount of gates for each direction, a real head ache.
gates.png
Just in case anyone is wondering what I'm working on, ( must replace model with the sprites)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll_pilRws5I"]Sonic Xtreme (Project AXSX GDK Edition) (formally Project AXSX) - YouTube[/ame]

What I'm hoping to do is wright a custom nod in the material editor so that each texture can be selected
by the scalar param.
After which, everything can be controlled by just that 1 param nod in kismet.
Please can someone help me out with writing this custom script? as of right now its holding up the project.
it'd be very much appreciated! ( in the pic i have 5, but really need 8 inputs for texture switching)
selector.png

Replies