Home Technical Talk

Rigging with the new TF submission/compiler?

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this question, but I'm running into some issues.

Before this "Steam Workshop" thing, I created some models (hats) for Team Fortress 2. I rigged it to the bip_head (or whatever the bone is called) and when I compiled them using the old, lengthy and crappy way, I would test the item in game with no problems what so ever!

Now, I'm trying to resubmit them to the Steam Workshop. I can't seem to figure out how to do this... When I compile it through the Source SDK, my hat is no longer placed where it should be. I've tried a few things, exporting just the hat, exporting the hat and the bone from 3dsmax 2010, I've tried placing it on the "busts" that valve released with the steam workshop, I've tried checking and unchecking the "auto-skin to bip_head" button... Nothing seems to work. My hat is either 10 feet above the characters head, or it's in a somewhat normal spot but rotated around in absurd ways.

So I guess It's either a question of how can I fix this problem OR for the few of you that have submitted via steam workshop, how did you do the rigging?

Thanks, this is driving me crazy!

Replies