Home General Discussion

ArenaNet Class of 2011 Internship....anyone get an email back from them yet?

Just wondering if anyone heard anything back from ArenaNet yet about their internship program? I only know one person of getting an email and he is an animator.

Replies

• Aigik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't heard anything. I still have hope that I might have a chance, as I haven't seen any "WAHOO! I GOT AN ARENANET INTERNSHIP!" posts yet around the internet. I think there's a lot of entries for both the character art and environment art positions, and they have a lot to sort through and decide on.
  • matthewjvia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    matthewjvia polycounter lvl 13
    I saw blogs from some of the people who got into last year's internships. One of them said that he didn't get an answer for over a month, so just be patient. Of course, I say that as I check my email for the 20th time today to see if they sent me anything. I got an email from them last week asking for some stuff, so I know they are still looking through them. Considering the number of people from polycount alone that submitted entries, it's going to take them a while, especially if they are going through all of the project files.
  • couchcommando
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool. Yeah my heart has been pounding. Well like I said before, my friend is an animator so I guess each department is handled differently with different start dates...or at least I hope that is the case.
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    They need to whittle down the thousands (not much of a exaggeration) of entrants and pick the ones that show the most talent. So be patient really ;)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Question is, will the chosen people blend ;p
  • Bibendum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's likely that your friend got a faster reply simply because the animation internship probably had significantly fewer entries. Just sit tight.
  • Tigerfeet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tigerfeet polycounter lvl 12
    I know when I sent in my application the destination e-mail folder was full. I tried again later that day and it was fine though. Someone I know at the studio mentioned to me that they had probably gotten many more applications than they had expected. (he wasn't in the art department so couldn't say for sure)
  • Marowe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My friend who got into the internship said that the email he got contained a list of all the people that won. He linked me to some of their websites, and I didn't recognize anyone's work from here (except maybe the one guy that was already in an internship, who did the dude in the armor...but I'm not sure because the boots were different from what I remember).

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post it here, I'm not even sure if he was supposed to tell me...I don't know why he wouldn't be able to, but just to be safe...

Unfortunately -heavy sigh- if you haven't gotten an email yet, I don't think you will. Good try though, everyone! We can use what we created to strengthen our portfolios!
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    what, the animation department being faster than the others?! how the......aren't animators supposed to be lazy?...god damn it, I chose the wrong class again

anyways, think it's like what Bibendum said, prolly way less animators applying than anyone else..
  • Aigik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marowe wrote: »
    My friend who got into the internship said that the email he got contained a list of all the people that won.

This seems strange to me. Why would ArenaNet include that?
  • matthewjvia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That seems weird to me too. I thought about, if I got in, asking for contact info so I might be able to get a roommate, but I figured they would say no. For them to just volunteer it sounds strange. Also, I would have thought that once they had selected they would post on their blog or twitter and someone would post online that they got it. Could just be wishful thinking on my part, but I imagine they are still narrowing it down.
  • couchcommando
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    does anyone know how it went down last year? I mean did ArenaNet post saying "hey we have chosen our winners and they are..."?
  • matthewjvia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, never mind. It seems it's true. I just heard from someone else that they got the same email including a list of names. He said he wasn't sure if that was everyone or if they were still going to bring on more, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    if they really included the list I think it would be online somewhere by now, has anyone found it? I'm just hoping I'm picked as an alternate because I'm sure some of the people chosen might not want to move across the country for 14 bucks an hour.
  • Aigik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, never mind. It seems it's true. I just heard from someone else that they got the same email including a list of names. He said he wasn't sure if that was everyone or if they were still going to bring on more, but I'm not holding my breath.

:(

Guess I'll try again next year. Sucks, I was really confident too.