Home Technical Talk

Connecting UDK with iOS Device(Iphone 4)

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
W1r3d polycounter lvl 17
Hi

I am using the UDK remote app. Purchased from appstore. My wish is to have my grahpics on the iphone from UDK. Not for selling or making a profit but just so i can see how it looks. One alternative is to just have the UDK remote control what i see on the PC.

I have managed to get UE Frontend to find my Iphone 4.
However here i run into a licence issue(i guess?). Where i think(!) i have to register something with apple. Like an apple development program. Although i'm not sure of what i have to do.

I have looked at the UDK documentation here.

I have tried launching it on/to my iphone through the editor and through frontend. No success. I just get the same popup each time. The IPP box.

do i NEED to sign up for an iOS devprogram and in that case whitch one?
I'm not keen on paying like 800SEK for a years worth of dev. if i only want to try it out.

I'm quite sure i'm missreading some information here.
Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Replies

• e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you need an apple computer to build your game and you'll need an apple development account (99$).
  • W1r3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    W1r3d polycounter lvl 17
    Thnx e-freak. I think i misstook the UDK remote to be something more then it actually is.

If i look at the information on this site. I can clearly see this:

"UDK Remote uses networking to communicate to your PC, so you may need to setup the Wifi on your iOS device to be on the same network as your PC. Contact your network administrator for help with this, if needed."

However that is just to i can sit back with my iOS device and control what's onscreen(on my PC). I can't actually deploy anything to the iOS device. If i wanted that i would have to buy a mac and a dev account.

I think i got the info right now. i think :)

Edit: i think it be possible i just need a dev account. Will investigate further :)