Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need help with strange problem (zbrush)

Hey polycounters, I have seem to have encountered a strange problem in zbrush 4 and I wondered if anyone on here has experience it or know the solution. Basically the create group loops option is not working for me, I’ve created a default sphere with different polygroups. After that I deleted the lower sub d then clicked on create group loops with nothing happening to the sphere. Ill post pictures below of what I get and also pictures on what I’m supposed to get. If anyone has a solution it would be very helpful

E4yMg.jpg

vMEyR.jpg

Replies

• fuzzio
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    ok i attempted to take a stab at this with zbrush but it refuses to open due to me being in the middle of a 17 hour render.

though i do not have a solution i do have questions.

1. why did you delete the lower sub-d?

2. how did you come upon the second image if it doesnt work?

EDIT! i take back what i said. it finally opened.

anyway. hide part of the mesh (be it 1 polygon even) and then do it. dont know why you have to but thats how to do it.
  • fuzzio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the comment Oniram, still having not success though. The reason I had to delete the lower sub-d is because it would not allow me to great group loops unless I delete the lower sub-d, and about the second image I got a screen grab as an example off the web of what group loops were supposed to do. The thing that is most annoying is that I bet it is something very simple that I am getting wrong and it’s taking me this long to figure it out lol. I’ll continue to have a another crack at it
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    odd that it would not. as i was attempting it zbrush told me when i hit grouploops that part of the mesh needed to be hidden in order to perform that function. which is odd because i remember in the hard surface zbrush eat3d dvd that it was just done with no problem.
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 13
    Sometimes it bugs out and you have to open a menu, at least it did for me. Try pressing Ctrl + L to open up the load tool menu then try group loops.
  • fuzzio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply Oniram and Lroy, I managed to fix the problem by reinstalling zbrush again. Oniram i was watching the eat3d tutorial where he would press group loops and had no problem creating loops around the polygroups. But seeing now that its fixed I shouldn’t have a problem anymore creating the group loops