Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Sci-Fi Corridor

Hello everyone! This is my first major post here and i am aiming to become a regular poster here, with the aim of getting some crit on my artwork and improving in all ways possible.

The project i am currently working on is a Sci-Fi type corridor scene. The scene is going to be fully modular, and i am working in Max to start off with, with the aim of taking it into UDK asap.

I'm a relatively 3D newbie, having first opened a piece of 3D software 2 years ago.

My experience in using UDK is pretty scarce, so i am posting on here for some help and advice.

Having started to take some of the scene into UDK, i have noticed a few issues with some small assets i have been importing in. The asset is a small, grill type piece that runs along the skirting of the corridor.

Here is what the asset looks like in the 3DS Max viewport:

h.jpg

And here is what it looks like in the UDK viewport:

h1.jpg

There are some strange, blackish artefacts near the inside corners, and im wondering what is causing this. Is it something to do with the lighting?

The camera is quite close to the asset, which repeats along the wall. I shall post up the progress of the whole scene, but wanted to get some advice with this problem out the way first.

Thanks for looking!

Replies