Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Boat pre render preview :)

cgdobrev
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
cgdobrev polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys. I rendered some test cameras yesterday to preview this composition. Please tell me what you think overall!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOY5Pe_lso4[/ame]

Replies

• nbac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nbac polycounter lvl 9
    looks good - is this realtime?
    what are your aims?
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    I'd put the ship ad the end of the pier [Like ===() ], because of several reasons:
    -the trees obscure the front of the boat in a couple of shots, while the front-3/4 usually gives the nicest/most interesting images:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ-sZx6vRT8ckeJdT_hyUygqsCHGQ4WUmVXj8xY2X5C9xWI75kxgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW83Vd8P_2r97fyMOCcOdqkrjyFS1kZiUCWAcX496_BZiCojobimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS69lbdn3W-4LNaBV39R0F9B2c1dI7VZEqiLAEFsadRisxsRBkCpw
    -secondly, I think the river/seabed would be too shallow so near the coastline
    -lastly, it's much harder to sail away from this position. can you imagine trying to back up with this junk (this type of boat is called a junk, I think)?

I think it might also be nice to have some sort of path or clearing at the beginning of the dock. People like to get to their ship easily.
  • cgdobrev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cgdobrev polycounter lvl 6
    nbac - This is rendered in maya. I am putting together a demo reel in the hopes of one day, in the not so distant future, attaing a job as a prop or environment artist.

I received a diploma in videogame art and design from van arts, and i have a few things i need to render and put together into a final demo reel. this is the latest i have been working on.

Snader - i agree, trees block some good shots, i was wondering if the ship position looks good, vs. it being functional looking.