Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Paragon's WIP Thread

Hey whats up. I'm fairly new to these boards. I am currently working on my portfolio for school and was looking for some crits on some of my stuff so far.

Concept
cafaro-oscar-5-ufficio-b-fei-pang_1024.jpg

Highres_Screenshot_00001_1024.jpg

concept:
CA_20100108_DromundKaas01_full.jpg

WIP01_NoWire.jpg

WIP01.jpg

Replies

• Paragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yeah heres a quick video of the first environment :poly121:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXEp5fSLkoA[/ame]
  • Paragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update
    Started doing some stuff in udk
    1.jpg
  • A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    The lighting between the 'sci-fi office looking thing' concept and your 3D scene is considerably different, your scene is a lot darker (give it some love) :)

Cool work though, keep it coming!
  • Paragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Thanks ANP. I'll defintley try to rework the lighting on the first one. In the meantime I've been working on the forest one and I'm probably definitley gonna stray from the concept, cause I like the big mountainy feel. So here's what i got so far.

Forest2.jpg
  • Paragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, havent updated in a while. I know i haven't posted any of my revised work yet and i will. Just, you know bla bla bla (insert reasons why I havent done it)
    Any way heres what I'm working on right now

Concept:
    lobby-jw-marriott-orlando-grande-lakes-v646653-w902.jpg

UDK Progess
    2.jpg
    1.jpg
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    You could put some more polies in those mountains. Good work so far man, looking good.
  • Bart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What happened to the mountain scene ? Was looking good.
    The new environment looks cool. However your arches on the 2nd sceenshot are very flat at their tops and on the ref they have a nice curve. You need to add a reflective floor ind UDK. On the last screenshot everything looks very straight. Take few chairs and twist them a bit or move slightly to any direction like someone was just sitting there. At the moment they look like they are straight from IKEA showcase ;)
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    I looked at all the concepts and then at your work, and although they look similar there are a lot of details that are off. Paying attention to details is important if you want to show your employer that you can reproduce something from 2d to 3d with out distorting the original intent or designs.
    Just as an example (as I won't go through all of them), look at the floor of the last concept and the UDK shot. You will notice that the black square with the white in it, almost touches the pillars in the concept, while your version isn't even close to any pillar. Things like this make a difference when showing that you can bring a concept to life accurately.

Great stuff man, keep it up!
  • Paragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys I appreciate all the critiques. I'm gonna try to get most of the revisions done in time (since the deadline for my portfolio is coming up).

@Bart
    Mountian scene is still gonna be updated, just had to move on to try and push the next scene out :P
  • Paragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    updated some lighting and some refrecshunz.
    Having a bit of an issue with normals on the walls. if anyone can give me some helpful hints it would be appreciated :O
    0.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.jpg
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    already said it to you.. but holy crap. looks amazing!
  • Paragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok so i'm finished with the lobby. Gonna go back and revisit the other peices now :P

alexbarcelo_lobby.jpg
    alexbarcelo_lamps.jpg
    alexbarcelo_fountain.jpg
    alexbarcelo_elevator.jpg
    alexbarcelo_couches.jpg

Wires
    I know the wires are super light, sorry didn't know how to fix that :P
    alexbarcelo_lobby_wire.jpg
    alexbarcelo_lamps_wire.jpg
    alexbarcelo_fountain_wire.jpg
    alexbarcelo_elevator_wire.jpg
    alexbarcelo_couches_wire.jpg
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    looks great but your reflections are missing, and it seems that the scene is a bit too lit, or the radius on your lights are too high. id suggest using slightly higher brightness on the lights with a lower radius and falloff. it will get you more extreme areas of light and shadow, and the light bounces will fill in for the darker parts.

also. nice reuse of that couch. :D it fits well but maybe you could change the color from black to a more brownish tan color to match the other chairs.