Home Technical Talk

3DS Max - ShaderFX - Vertex-Blend

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
Hey to all,

I'm trying to create a multi-purpose Vertex Blend material. Here is the material:
http://www.mediafire.com/?d5b06k7j101kumj

The problem is that basically, when I plug in the Normal functions, the mesh turns into a red wireframe. However, the strange part is, if I disconnect my Diffuse, I can see the normals, but reconnecting it turns it into a red.

I cleaned up my nodes as much as possible, and made sure I didn't have any fancy Vector Construction nodes messing anything up (I resorted to using Alpha channels to keep thing clean and smooth), but still no result.

Basically, to put it mildly, if I connect more then one set of functions into to ANY part in the material, it ends up turning it red. It might have to do with the Lerp nodes, disabling one of them gives me back a working material, but that defeats my whole purpose of creating a Vertex-RGB-Blending material.

If you guys could figure out what's wrong that would be fantastic. I couldn't find the problem. I really need to get this going since my end of school project requires said material to work...if possible.

Cheers.

Replies