Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Oh shit that's out next week!

I think I'll pick it up for PC...
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I haven't played a Red Faction since the atrocious Red Faction 2, but the first one is still one of my favourite FPS'. This one looks great! Should I have picked up Factions? When I saw another bald action hero protagonist in this one I dismissed it straight away, but Volition did an amazing job here. WTF is up with unicorn lol! Sounds like in that review they were trying to hate it but its too good to hate haha. I reckon that score was a bit harsh nonetheless, this looks good! Will pick it up when I see it on sale, for ps3 or 360.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geurilla was good fun, I've played it through at least three times already.

The unicorn is a follow up to the 'Ostrich Hammer' that was unfortunately only a dev joke for Geurilla.

About my only concern for the game is that it's supposed to take place underground, we're not gonna get to see massive structures falling.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    yeah I was kinda put off by the whole underground corridor shooter idea
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged wrote: »
    yeah I was kinda put off by the whole underground corridor shooter idea

Just read a quick review saying that there's plenty of above ground combat (reviewer actually openly questioned wtf marketing for the game was doing not pointing that out).

Anyways, got my preorder in on steam~ :)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    http://store.steampowered.com/sale/red_faction_weekend

Yeah I'd be stupid not to pick up factions now...

For all y'all uninitiated, do yourself a favour and buy Red Faction 1, but stay away from the crappy sequel.
  • Nick Carver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick Carver polycounter lvl 10
    I played the demo and was surprised by how fun it was. Having the ability to both destroy and regenerate objects made for some cool moments such as creating cover for myself when getting overwhelmed by enemies by 'healing' destroyed walls. The weapons all feel powerful and satisfying too, particularly the singularity beam thing. It's a shame that the story and characters are so incredibly generic because any time there's a cutscene or some dialogue I'm put off from playing. Maybe I could just skip the cutscenes, mute the voices and enjoy blowing shit up.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I just lolled so much in guerilla when the game starts with you wielding a big hammer and the first thing I did was hit the dude next to me to which the game exclaims "WTF you killed your brother" and restarts the level hahaa
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Isn't killing your brother the best way to keep him by your-side forever? That, and cutting yourself to bleed on him, Lordy, blood-bonding has never been more meaningful.