Home Technical Talk

eyeon fusion crash problems

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
MaVCArt polycounter lvl 8
hi everyone, I'm wondering if any of you could help me.
i'm working on a matte paint in eyeon fusion, at least, i'm trying too, as the program crashes every single time I do whatever. and I mean every single time.

my OS is windows 7 64 bit (NOT service pack 1), 4 gigs of RAM, 2 * 2.66 Ghz dualcore processor, 127 mb of GPU (ATI FireGL)
fusion version is 64 bit build 6.1.4
OpenCL is disabled
frame format is set low enough that it should work. (720*480, which is lower than the minimum requirement of my assignment)

I can open the software, and it starts up fine. but whether I do something or not, it crashes completely randomly. sometimes I get to the point where I can put in a loader node with psd file in it, but whether I do that or not the program crashes regardless. the time after which it crashes is random, and i can't see any pattern in the crashes at all, other than the fact that it crashes faster if I do something.

I know this forum is hardly the perfect place to ask this, as fusion is not used in games, but I'm quite desperate here, and about ready to throw my laptop out the window and start spamming eyeon's mailbox with hate mails.
also, my deadline is closing frighteningly fast, so if anyone at all can help me with this, I would be eternally grateful :)

Replies

• ghib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This might not help you but... I was getting the same thing as soon as I updated windows 7 to SP1. You've already stated you've not updated which seems weird because the crashing seems very similar. Eyeon released a fix for the crashing very shortly after which completely fixed ALL problems.

If you can, I would update windows & get the latest release of Fusion to see if that fixes the crashing for you. It's worth a shot, especially with your deadline looming.