Home General Discussion

Xbox Slim freezes?

mod
Ok, so i just got a new xbox slim, 250 gig, and ive been playing borderlands alot again. But its been freezing a bunch. And i think i remember that game freezing a bit before, but im worried it might be my xbox. does anyone know if any issues with the new one freezing? or if it is indeed just the game?

Replies

• Tom Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it might be the game.

I get the same thing with Forza 3, although it used to be absolutely fine, but Brink for example, has worked fine every time I've played it.

One thing I've noticed with the Slim is don't cover (or put anything near) the vents on the top of the console. I know that's probably a given, but I put my alarm clock on top of it and it started making some crazy noises and caused games to freeze. A dumb move on my part but yeah, don't cover the vents lol.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I keep having problems with mine (250gb slim) when I'm going back to the dashboard all the time. If I'm playing a game on disk...or an arcade game..or watching netflix...anything...theres a 70 percent chance that my xbox will hang on a black screen.

It has been doing that since 2 days after I purchased it. It seems like it started happening once I transferred all my files from my old hard drive onto this one.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Hmm I've never had an issue. Good luck with it :(
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    UPDATE!

So, I was able to fix borderlands from freezing by saving to a memory stick instead of teh HDD. but, then it started freezing for skate 3. and yesterday, I picked up assassins creed 1 and 2, figuring its about time i FINALLY play them, now that i dont have school and work in the way (evenings are free again!), and sure enough, 20 minutes into AC1, it froze. restarted, played for 2 minutes, froze again. tried again, it froze loading the game. so i tried installing it. froze during the install. then it froze during the dashboard!

So, i took it back and got it replaced. luckily i got that warrenty at gamestop. fewf.

So, anyone know if this is a common problem? or if i should have to worry about it for this one too?