Home General Discussion

Terraria Online

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
evilblah polycounter lvl 18
Not sure if you guys have seen this but it just go released on Steam. Terraria Online. It is pretty awesome Minecraft/Side Scroller/RPG awesomeness! Been watching some Let's Play on youtube and it looks super addicting! Check it out!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGo7iMUcxLc[/ame]

http://www.terraria.org/

Replies

• eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    It's just Terraria, the terraria online is a community site :P

Anyway, really interested in this one, and with all the minecraft clones that have been popping up, it's really refreshing to see a game that takes that type of a game adn does something new with it.

Also, it just got released on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/105600/

(polycount server anyone?)
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    bringing this up again!
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    This game looks really cool. I felt bored with the lack of combat in minecraft and can totally see this working. I'd love to hear any of your guys' thoughts on playing it so far.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    It's pretty interesting. Only played a little so far, and trying to get a server set up. The multiplayer seems to be where it's at. Only way to take out those huge monsters.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Xenobond, let us know when it's up, I've been dying to try out some multiplayer
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alright, it's up.
    68.104.9.6 (since it doesn't seem to support server names)
  • evilblah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice! Yeah, in my excitement I added the online to the end of it. Haha. Anywho, I have played about 5 hours of it with a buddy of mine and I'm loving it. I'll be sure to jump on anyone's server that will have me and help build, share or hunt with em! =)

Also, Eld, your game is looking super sick too! Would love to hear/know more about it!
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    evilblah wrote: »
    Nice! Yeah, in my excitement I added the online to the end of it. Haha. Anywho, I have played about 5 hours of it with a buddy of mine and I'm loving it. I'll be sure to jump on anyone's server that will have me and help build, share or hunt with em! =)

Also, Eld, your game is looking super sick too! Would love to hear/know more about it!

When I have enough to show :P

also, an image of a complete terraria world:

http://trooth.midnightcheese.com/world3.wld.png
  • R3D
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    "The game looks like a super nintendo!"

Oh now I get it, awesome reviews xD
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    eld wrote: »

heh yeah, i mean look at the game, it only has like what 3 graphics? It should be like modern warfare, they had atleast 150 graphics.
  • eld
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    i'm Chaddo, FYI
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    It's just Terraria, the terraria online is a community site :P

Anyway, really interested in this one, and with all the minecraft clones that have been popping up, it's really refreshing to see a game that takes that type of a game adn does something new with it.

Also, it just got released on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/105600/

(polycount server anyone?)

I've known this game but didnt know where to get it because people who uploaded the videos of this game also said that right now its just fun to watch. You can not buy until the site officially releases it.

Thank you for this :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgtuJMhoHEs&feature=related[/ame]

If there are games like this the dev teams should work together to bring the Uber sandbox game. Dont you think? xD
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky

check his other reviews haha, pokemon sucks in comparison to Splintercell, where you can move Tom Clancy all the way you want. Always wanted to play Tom Clancy in a Game

tom-clancy-250-6166080.jpg
  • evilblah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So last night I was running around with a buddy and we stumbled upon the underground jungle environment. Mind you we have about 180 health, iron armor, a steel bow, and gold sword. He has a cloud in a bottle and I only had a magic mirror.

Hornets immediately swarm us and we try to run for shelter. Coming upon a small mud out cropping we took cover. I held the hornets off at the entrance while my buddy pelted them with flaming arrows. After killing enough of them we got some nerve and decided to venture out. We were over confident.

We came across what seemed to be a small vine like creature, moving mud around by it's roots. My buddy approached it cautiously and nudged it with his bow. It did not respond so he turned and waved me closer. As I approached a menacing shadow rose up behind him. It stood impossibly high. I began to run to him. Drawing my sword I leaped past my friend and slashed in a downward arc, with all my strength, striking the beast in what I believed was it's throat.

My buddy turned just in time to see the monster alter course and sink it's now revealed teeth into the flesh of my back. It lifted me into the air tossed me casually off the cliff we did not even realize we were next to. I reached out to my friend and our eyes met as I drifted passed the muddy edge and fell. The last I saw was a silver bow and arrows streaking into the monster.

I tumbled down into darkness. Falling for what seemed an eternity. Soft, blue light began to replace the harsh darkness. I felt cold. I knew I was losing a lot of blood. This was the end for me. I reached down to touch the familiar shape of my sword when my hand brushed something. What was that? My magic mirror! I pulled it from its sack and held it out. Knowing salvation was at hand, energy filled my buddy. I was going to live! I held the mirror out and began the incantation to be sent home.

And then I smashed into the ground and exploded...

Yeah. I dig this game...
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so....anyone creating a server of this for Polycount?
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    so....anyone creating a server of this for Polycount?

I'm wondering the same, the game looks interesting and it would be cool to play with known people.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Snagged it last night...still enjoying it 4 hours later. :)
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nitewalkr- Right now it's a bit of a pain for me to get the server set up. I have to start Steam up in offline mode(so I can play during lunch at work), then manually get the server started within the game menu.

I'm definitely down for setting up a dedicated server for it, it's just a matter of when that'll be possible(it has been mentioned that they're looking to implement it more directly into steam.)

The server is up, and should be up all of this weekend.
    here's the ip- 68.104.9.6
    if that doesn't work, open the cmd prompt and try to ping mine.xenobond.com to get the current ip.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    will try this out... Thanks Xenobond, and no rush in making the proper server since there are things that I am still trying to learn.....For example Inviting the NPCs to work for you. =\

I would wait atleast atleast a week or two before I expect many servers to be up.
  • DEElekgolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DEElekgolo interpolator
    Awesome game. If only they had linux binaries for servers...
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    picked this up on the steam sale. having a crap ton of fun so far. liking more than minecraft, cause it seems like there is alot more to do. awesome awesome game.

there are some glowing blue stones all over the place that seem to be impossible to mine. anyone know how?
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Played the hell out of this, pretty much done with all the new content of the recent patch. While it doesn't have the awe inspiring 3d of minecraft that hits you in the face at the start, it has some very polished revolutionary 2d platforming dynamics that keep you coming back for more.

It's just so much fun to experience the rise in power not just in stats but in how you venture the depths. My main issue with the game is how unintiutive a lot of it is. You really need to spend a lot of time online researching how to do core things that are necessary to progress in the game, like throwing a voodoo doll into lava to enter the second phase of difficulty. Reminds me of simon's quest when you had to kneel next to a mountain for 5 seconds and the only way you could possibly know that would be to "cheat" and use outside help.

If you're new to the game poke around wikis and figure out how to make a grappeling hook, and further, an ivy whip. Jungle areas are the first real areas that will give you great strides in power with their regents. Also try to get your hands on some rocket boots, they're tons of fun.

@slipsius If I'm not mistaken you gotta break those orbs with a hammer if you're in a corrupted area. It could also be demonite ore which you need to mine with a stronger pickaxe, which in turn lets you mine stronger ore and gives you a new mining tool, which in turn helps you mine stronger ore and make a stronger mining tool :P.

*Spoiler* Don't worry about demonite too much, there's a boss you can sommon fairly easily that drops TONS of it.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    picked this up on the steam sale. having a crap ton of fun so far. liking more than minecraft, cause it seems like there is alot more to do. awesome awesome game.

there are some glowing blue stones all over the place that seem to be impossible to mine. anyone know how?

What do you have at this moment, and what pick are you using?

If the blue stones are at the back on the wall, use a sledgehammer.

Seems like you guys are having fun!

It is sad that there are less to no non-hamachi servers, and no servers for PC to play with you guys...

Oh well, have a nice time. :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This game do require a bit of attention from PC. Since they just uploaded bunch of stuff in v1.1.

Also, does anyone know any good servers for this?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I started playing after 1.1 came out. Put in about 65 hours into it so far. the most of any game on my steam account.... got my angel wings. downed the twins and destroyer the other day with a friend. Got my excaliber. Im a little disappointed in the items though. there are definitely some really cool ones. But there doesnt seem to be those super rare items that just own everything. It adds skill, for sure, but after fighting the same enemies over and over, eventually i want a weapon that can destroy them easily.

I have my own server that i play with friends. you could join if youd like, but I dont leave it running all the time.

slipsius at gmail is my steam account.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I cant find you on steam. If you can, do add me (if you can find me)

deathknight23 is my user name, Nitewalkr is my screen name and its all under metal_head12@hotmail.com

Well, I managed to find the dungeon but I have to fight the curse of this old man before I pass. So far, I tried it three times and it didnt work for me.

I need either the flying boots or mini shark gun. :(
  • Rob Macko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rob Macko polycounter lvl 6
    I only just recently picked this game up on Steam, but I'm loving it so far. Never played minecraft, but this has me pretty addicted right now. I've played maybe 15 hours already, and am still pretty low level and just having fun building a tree house looking stucture. I wouldn't mind joining with you guys, unless you're really far along in the game in which case I prob might not be able to follow.

If anyone would like to add me on steam feel free :)

Steam ID: DubStyle
    I'm listed as RobMurda
    and if email helps dubroot@gmail

I set up to play multiplayer with my brother and another friend so they can join me when I'm online, and welcome people to join as well if you'd like :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Judging from the fall of the thread I assume there are only few of us who play this game now.

I cant find either of you on steam :(

Anyways, I am in the process of defeating the wall of flesh, since its the only way I can mine mithral ore or cobalt ore. Also, I found the boots but the problem with them is, they would help you glide, thats it. They are not exactly flying boots, since I wanted to go and look for the floating islands that has the chests. So I am still looking for demon wings or angel wings.

The only way I can get those is when I defeat wyvern, who can only be found on the floating island, I guess I am in no luck at the moment.

in my old small world and moving stuff to build castles and buildings in the new large world. :D
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hboybowen wrote: »
    "King Arthur's Gold" is better

Seriously?
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was playing Terraria for a few weeks sometime in Aug/Sept. I was having a good time with it, I almost got bored but then discovered the Jungle area and a crashed meteor in it which seemed to amp up the challenge a bit. After that I got really busy with other things.

I've been meaning to check it out again since the update but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • Rob Macko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rob Macko polycounter lvl 6
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Judging from the fall of the thread I assume there are only few of us who play this game now.

I cant find either of you on steam :(

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969359250
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Hboybowen wrote: »
    "King Arthur's Gold" is better

It's extremely good, but they can't be compared in that way, they're different games sharing only the destructable environment.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    nite, the wyverns only spawn once you beat the wall of flesh. You don't even need to find a floating island. you just need to be high enough.

Easiest way to kill the wall of flesh is to build 1 straight ass bridge in hell, then just run and shoot at it. pretty easy if you have a minishark or some sort of magical item.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    nite, the wyverns only spawn once you beat the wall of flesh. You don't even need to find a floating island. you just need to be high enough.

Easiest way to kill the wall of flesh is to build 1 straight ass bridge in hell, then just run and shoot at it. pretty easy if you have a minishark or some sort of magical item.

lol, Ya I made that. I have few things that needs to be upgraded. Like for instance. regular minishark doesnt do much damage, especially when I am in hell and trying to kill wall of flesh. So I am going to wait it out until I have enough gold. Or make a new small world and kill the bosses again. =\

Thanks tho.

EDIT: Its kind of funny, I tried to down it once, than when I was about to die, I blinked back to my house, and than I tried to re-spawn it again. It didnt spawn...hmm. Maybe its because every boss spawns at night?

Also, the items I have are way nerfed according to the wiki, so I have to figure something out...
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I *THINK* the wall of flesh doesnt de-spawn until it hits the end of the world. So if you try and spawn it again before he despawns, it wont work.