Home Technical Talk

Inside, Out & outside in, Unwraps?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
Frustrated...

I've exported 5 times both high and low's, I've unwrapped this five times, while also reseting xform, collapsing, exporting, reimporting, both to current app, and new 2012 3dsmax, I was working with this in 2010, oh yea and the freaking revert save option guess what! that's right doesn't work, thank god for .obj exporting but I think that is where my problem started, not sure though.

XNormal exported these, I've also redone the cage more than I wanted to, but I exhausted every option I could think of what am I doing wrong to make this possibly happen? I have to laugh cause It's every time I want to do something things like this happen...

So this is a bit of fun can anyone possibly explain this?

Edit:
Also every other map I try to export comes out in pixel dots after this normal map.
Newest XNormal.

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you rephrase the question? I can't tell by the pic what the problem is.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks throttlekitty but I managed to solve the issue which was a big headache but here is the solution:

So I found out some how I had a clone mesh right underneath the original...but It didn't flicker as a mesh with a clone under It would...for some reason when I ran STL check in max It didn't find the other mesh or the double faces, I had to flip the normals when they looked fine, then mess them up, then put them back and then It flickered, then after that I deleted It revealed the original single mesh then deleted all other copies, Mirrored It over moved the uv's, yadaa, yadaa.

Then I thought wait there must be more problems so I imported my highpoly mesh and and yup It was inverted... so I had to flip those normals too, exported and now It's fine, a whole day wasted but hey that's life, I love It.

Thanks guys!
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    score.
    Sometimes it's helpful to grab a face and move/wiggle it around when having problems.