Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

[Non-Paid] Wreckage is looking for concept artists and 3D artists

wreckagelogoforforums.png

Dear Polycount Community,

Wreckage is currently looking for skilled concept artists and 3D artists who will help us achieve the look and style for this sci-fi dinosaur shooter.
Since this is my first time leading a game project I'm going to be realistic and start leading a team to help me make a demo for "Wreckage" to see if I am capable of leading that.

We are also looking for a graphic designer to help us with the graphics for the Wreckage website which he hope to have at least a homepage done for by Friday.

We will be using the UDK to bring them demo together and we will be making use of their latest version because it supports DirectX 11.

Since my last post there has been a decision to take the story in a different direction that I believe will benefit the project in the long run. My lead writer is still working up some story designs that should be coming in pretty soon.

As the title says above we are looking for concept artists and 3D artists who can aid us in putting the demo level together. We are still in the very early stages of creating it and to move the process faster we need your help.

We are again looking for talented concept artists because most of the ones on the team have issues with their school schedules so if you want to join the concept art department please send an email to me. My email can be located at the bottom of this post.

Concept Artist Requirements:

-Owns a copy of Photoshop or Gimp
-Works well with other individuals
-Is is able to be on Skype or MSN when needed
-Can provide high-quality of work
-Follows instructions clearly
-Can meet deadlines if the situation calls for it

We are looking for 3D artists have can help us create environment assets and props along with some weapons once we got some solid designs going.

3D Artist Requirements:

-Has a good knowledge of 3D software such as 3Ds Max, Maya, or Blender
-Has good communication skills
-Is able to be active
-Can provide AAA quality work
-Follows instructions
-Can meet deadlines if the situation calls for it
-Strong environment or weapon knowledge
-Knows how to unwrap and texture models

Graphic Designer Requirements:

-Can work with vectors
-Provides AAA quality work
-Meets deadlines
-Has a copy of photoshop
-Can animate graphics ex. cracks growing on a surface once clicked on
-Good communication skills
-Must have a Skype account and must be active

Now I don't expect everyone to buy into this post so below is a couple of Q&As that I think you guys would like answered.

Why should I join Uncaged Studios?
You would get to work with some really dedicated people and have fun developing this game. It would look good on a resume. You would also gain some education on game development along the way.

Why do you want to start a game studio in the first place? Well it all started back when I was around the age of 8. I have always loved games and had a drive to make one someday. One day I thought to myself wouldn’t it be cool if I could make my own video game that all my friends could play? I started brainstorming and it all started with this idea. You could say this game idea has been in development for several years now.

If I were to want to join Uncaged Studios how would I go about doing so?
Would you need a portfolio of some sort? Yes I would most definitely like a link to your portfolio and your previous works. It is best if you email me for a quick reply because I can't constantly check my pms.

What would you propose we do about staying in contact with each other as a team? I would say we should use Skype. It’s a great instant messaging program and it’s free. My username is “dudeman951” on there.

Why create Wreckage? The goal here is to make an amazing game that will give dinosaur games a better name than what they already have. Hopefully if people are dedicated enough to this project we will see it to the end. I would also like to give this game a unique style of gameplay that will change the out look on current shooters today.

Additional Work done by the team:

wreckagecityenvironment.jpg

trecksheadrender4.jpg

raptorconcept1.jpg

Contacts:

MSN: dudeman95@live.com

Email: bailey95@mchsi.com

Replies