Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Granny Marta

Hi everyone :)

Here is the character that I've been working on recently. She isn't meant to be a game character but I thought I can still get some feedback from you. I used ZBrush, 3DS Max, and Photoshop for creating her and she is rendered with Mental Ray. Someone is also rigging and skinning her and I hope I would be, at the very least, able to pose her and get some more interesting images. Anyways, I would love to know what do you think about the model at this stage, what works and what doesn't, and if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

GrannyMartaBreakdown.jpg

GrannyMartaFullBodyNEW.jpg

FaceNEW.jpg

Replies

• Xendance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xendance polycounter lvl 7
    I don't know whether that looks good or bad. Maybe that's a good thing though :P
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in a good way lol just 2 things, i think her neck is a bit to wide, never seen a neck like that regardless of age and the hands are kinda huge, unless thats what u are going for
  • Roepetoepa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Roepetoepa polycounter lvl 12
    hey desislava pretty cool
    however she has a really manly face in my opinion and you might wanna have a second look at your hands they look rather big.
    Your textures could also use a bit more love :]
    anyway good job I like ;]
  • bonds0097
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I take it she will be featured in Dead Space 3?

In all seriousness, I think for proper critique one would have to know the intended purpose of the model. Is it meant to be silly/absurd for use in some sort of stylized humorous context? Scary/creepy for something like Carnivale?
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd hit it.

Neck and Hands aren't appealing to me as well. The neck just looks a little too stocky and long, and her her hands look a little to manly. Maybe not having such fat fingers could help with that.

I would definitely like to see her posed...I think she might look really cool in a hunched pose.
  • 7mch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    7mch polycounter lvl 8
    Hey Desislava, I really like the style and the whole concept makes me smile:)
    I like her huge neck and nose.
    However, the hands, dress and socks look a bit odd to me. Somehow,the the dress and socks texture doesn't have the same quality as the face. As for the hands, I think that the fingers are a bit long and have the same size.
  • Desislava
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for commenting guys!

This character falls more into the stylized/humorous category. She is inspired by an old Bulgarian folklore belief. I don't think it's appropriate to explain it in detail because it will become rather long. The most important characteristics of her is that she is good in nature, but very moody, rough and stubborn and at the same time caring and naive. She works hard outdoors and that's the reason I went for that manly look on her face and the giant hands. The neck is just stylized. I know there aren't such necks in real life, but I thought it will complement the sacky boobs. I guess it was a wrong choice since so many of you don't like it. Unfortunately, it's now too late to change that :(