Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
What do you think so far?

Replies

• McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    well, personally too little sci. fi., need more spaceships and lightsabers, and maybe some alien eggs. :)

Seriously though, so far its not so much sci. fi. excitement, more a drama in the 'wild west'. Maybe it will pick up, would hate it if its all is about the fight between the town and the outsiders, and how they screw each another over, killing one person at the time.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds intriguing. Could those of us who won't probably see it until it gets released on DVD, could we get a more in depth description f what it's all about?
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Started recording the series thinking, "yay! new sci fi". Watched 30mins of first episode. Deleted recording schedule....

You might say I should have given it more of a chance but if something doesn't start well and grip my interest, I just cant be bothered with it tbh. The Wire being case and point.

I love just about anything Sci fi. But this just didn't do it for me.
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    I learned a while back to give new series at least 3 episodes before making a decision. A lot of shows have pilot-itus, where the first episode is so far different from the rest, that it's not a good barometer to judge the rest of the series. Sometimes the little things that annoy you will go away. Anyone who's watched Dexter knows Laguerta was crushing on Dexter for the for couple episodes, then it was dropped completely. I heard the first episode of Six Feet Under had things like fake commercials, and was really off the wall wacky, but the wackiness was dropped substantially in the very next episode (don't know for sure yet, haven't seen it myself).

Point is, if it sounds like it has potential, give it at least 3 episodes. You might learn to enjoy it.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To be honest I think some of the budget constraints kept more hardcore sci-fi out of it. BBC after all really had to trim itself per the UK government correct?

As said after 3, its starts to come together. It somewhat reminds me of stargate, except with better dialog and plots.
    The Human jaw bone they found from thousands of years ago also had upped things.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    I like that they hinted at so much in the first episode without giving anything away - 'is that a human voice?' when the transport comes into contact, the police guy talking about a nuclear blast in Chicago...

But yeah, I'd like some more visible technology other than some cheesy as hell brain scanner that looks like it came from a bad 80's film.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The mystery deepens. With the two Josies'. Was it an alien? Or some sort of physic projection of the planet?

Is Jack having doubts about the revolution he is trying to start?
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, what a finale! I hope its picked up for another season. Especially with the cliff hangar we were left with. But the lack of response/enthusiasm here has me shaking my head.

Good acting, good stories. If you get past the low budget for "sci-fi" items. It really stands out.
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    I can't get into it, I want to because in "theory" it should be good but the direction is so gawd dawn awful. It just screams British drama which is terrible.

If it was made by some one else it may have stood a good chance.