malegallery.jpg

malegallerysculpt.jpg

Heres also my youtube link for my demo reel

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnOLEySbrJM[/ame]

Replies

• haikai
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Nice. A whole lot better than my student work was! :)

I like the first model most, and the female is nice and clean (maybe a little too clean in some places). The warrior guy comes across as your weakest piece to me even though he's probably the most complex model. Some of the musculature is a bit odd and stiff, and the skin texture feels ashen and lacking the richness that the other characters' skins have.

Nice to hear one of my favorite Radiohead songs on the reel. :thumbup:
  • murph
    +1 to the radiohead song! :D

I think these are awesome... I agree with Haikai, I love the first model, I bet the warrior model could hold it's own with a little tweaking.
  • Oniram
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    fantastic reel! loved the first character. dunno if its that big of an issue but in all the marmoset shots for the character it says "camera" in the middle of the screen. also maybe you could do some sort of a turntable (with something like camtasia or any screen recording software) and show that guy turning too. would be a bit more compositing but it would help the reel flow better as a whole i think. also im wondering why in the last piece, the legs on the character are quite low poly, but the jacket looks like its got double the amount of geometry.
  • Chornohus
    haha couldnt agree more, actually the male model in my eyes is far far far from done. but my goal was to have my reel done by a certain time frame so I did what I did to get my reel out the door. Thanks fr the feedback though :poly136:
  • chrisradsby
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 15
    Really nice work mate, have you graduated? I think that all models could use a bit more work, like UV-layouts, more work on spec-maps etc. Really nice sculpting skills though, lighting was really nice as well.
  • JGcount
    Hey

Also a student myself

You definantly know how to model so Ill just give some personal oppinions on the rest.

The first char: Think you could have used the UV space much better and I know a lot of people cant look away from that.

I dont get the Warrior in marmoset part. If you are putting him into a game engine on a reel, why not show the turn around? what that makes me think is "oh, its too heavy and he didn't want to show us a lagging turnaround. The character would not work properly inside a game". Other than that, yeah, his textures are not very good compared to your first char.

I like the girl, shame she doesnt have a more interesting facial expression though.
  • Cremuss
    Offline / Send Message
    Cremuss polycounter lvl 12
    Hey, pretty nice reel :)

3 little critics
    I don't like the accelerated turnaround. I think linear rotations are better for turnarounds.
    I found the video to be a little bit too dark on my screen.
    The warrior did not have the love your 2 other characters had for the presentation.

Also I agree with JGcount especially with the first uv layout that show some space waste.

Otherwise it's great, I really really liked the creature and the girl. Very nice :)
    Good reel !
    I wish you good luck for your studies :)