Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cobra Mech Tank

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
Alrighty Guys,

I was looking for a little feedback and design help. Now I have a tight deadline for this model but I kind of want to redesign the front exterior of the cockpit, It feels a little disconnected to me.

A little info as well, this is a mech that can basically transform down and drive like a tank as well, so any other design details or touches are always welcome. Thanks.

mech8.jpg

Replies

• waedoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waedoe polycounter lvl 8
    i realize its a scifi shooter and anything goes and realisms out...... but i dont suppose maybe trade out the glass or what ever material it is for a sturdier metalic canopy?

something along the lines of a metal gear or something, or maybe just more metal with strategically placed glass view ports. personally i think it would look awesome if you had a metal canopy with some periscope glass like on the modern tanks of today.

m1a1_details_392_of_435.jpg
    DSC07312.jpg

Or maybe something with a helo canopy like this. i dont know lol i wouldnt want to pilot that thing.

also you could just put computer screens all up in the canopy and make cool looking cameras on the outside giving it an intimidating feel that its eyes are all over the target.

HE19G7.jpg

you could use cameras like a gboss camera tower.

raid_Gboss_tower.jpg
  • Kiser Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kiser Designs polycounter lvl 12
    I agree with waedoe, having a glass canopy on a front line ground assault vehicle seems odd to me. I like the helicopter canopy he posted, maybe work in some framing into the glass for added support.
  • BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
    Alrighty guys I'll play with the idea of the metal framing some more, I blocked it out originally like that and fell like it just didnt have enough character and felt like a very standard common mech cockpit(that was my reason for trying the glass front cockpit). Ill play around with the cockpit being more hidden and armored up.
  • Kiser Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kiser Designs polycounter lvl 12
    Maybe consider something like a cockpit shield that closes around the glass cockpit for when the mech is in battle, leaving only a little area open for viability, and that can retract when the operator is just traveling or needs to exit the mech.

The only example i can think of right now is along the lines the plating that bumblebee from transformers slides over his face when he is in combat.

transfomres-2-bumblebee-face.jpg

bumblebeebo0f.png
  • Heartless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heartless polycounter lvl 8
    Feels a bit unbalanced, like shooting it's guns would knock it back into tank mode.
  • SnaFuBAR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    something like the avatar amp suit canopy would be fitting.