Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK - Pueblo Triste

This is my first post on polycount. Pueblo Triste is a Latin environment devastated by battle. You can see a fly through here :http://vimeo.com/19074236. I'm in the process of reworking the lighting. I would appreciate any feedback. Thank You! :)

936168359.jpg?920

498090403.jpg?920

826673516.jpg?920

423529729.jpg?920

348007768.jpg?920

personal website: javierolazabal.com

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Good stuff. I noticed a few problems with floating objects (Debris on the ground) and some scale issues between objects but overall its pretty well done.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Really rad composition and texture choice. I feel like the lighting is really blown out in the first two shots, though.
  • marq4porsche
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marq4porsche polycounter lvl 9
    Beautiful work, I love your textures.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    yeah the scaling makes everything look miniature or a small models: giant crates, trashcans, benches, ladders etc etc
  • Dismembered
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dismembered polycounter lvl 9
    I agree with the above posters about the scale being off, I mainly noticed it with he ladders. And the lighting (which you said you are addressing).

Another thing that really stuck out to me were the sand bags, they just don't seem to have the quality that the rest of the scene has. I am not sure what it is but they just stick out like a sore thumb to me.

Other then that I think it looks great, just a few touch ups and you will have a really nice piece.
  • JavierOlazabal
    Thanks for the feedback! I will soon update screenshots with both scale and lighting improvements. All comments have been helpful. Thanks! :)

Here's a 1024x1024 texture I made for a building and many assets. (sorry for the watermark)
    2UHxr.jpg
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    I really like the outdoor areas, looks very tight! You're texture work is especially nice!

The indoor rubble scene looks like it didn't get quite the same love; The dust motes and light shaft look a bit Half-Life 1, and the rubble has some blurry undetailed textures. It's fine if it would only be visible from a distance or through a window, but you have some screenshots and flythroughs show it off as an important room.

Love it, I think you could polish it up just a little and really make it amazing!
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    The over all look is really nice! I thought about the blurriness in the last room to, and also the harsh light contrast when you fly into the last "room". The blocks and the wall to the right looks a bit strange. Maybe a lightmap thing?
  • JavierOlazabal
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I've had little time to work on critiques because of school. Anyways, I'd appreciate any feedback again on lighting, proportions, and anything else.

I'm going to re-model and texture sandbags soon.

I'm trying to achieve a semi-warm scene with cool shadows. I've barely scratched the surface on lighting by adding only one dominant directional light with a warm hue. I'm manipulating the shadow color by changing the environment hue in world properties. I haven't been able to achieve my vision yet. Are there any post processing, lighting, or other tips/tricks I should know before I advance? Thanks! Any advice is welcome. :)

UXpdJ.jpg

WrCHc.jpg