Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Andrew Belliveau, Character Artist

"Hi, I've been coming to Polycount for years though I haven't posted anything in a very very long time. But today I wanted to share the link to my online portfolio since I'm really hoping to get a good amount of feedback so I can improve the site as much as possible. :)

www.andrewbelliveau.com

There is not a whole lot of new content (yet) since I've been out of the video game industry for a few of years. Mostly been doing scripting work ever since the video game company I worked for in Reno folded. So now I would like nothing more than to get a job and get back into gaming. I'm hoping the suggestions and ideas from the people of Polycount will really help me get my portfolio up to speed. Right now I'm trying to get some new high poly characters on my site. Designing them now. At the same time I'll be trying to update the appearance of the site. ....One thing I've been thinking of doing is possibly combining the "3D Work" page with the "2D Art" page, to make one large gallery of all my art...or leave it the way it is?

Thanx for any and all input. :icon60:

-Andy

Replies

• Arkadius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arkadius polycounter lvl 13
    I think you have a good site there, You probably just want a full body character done with todays technology (normal map, Spec, etc..). The heads are pretty nice too.

My favorite is your Nathalie Portman sketch. :)

I'm just a student so take what I say with a grain of salt.
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    I actually like the way your site is set up. Once you get some more models using modern tech on there then you should have yourself a pretty well-rounded portfolio. Judging from the models you already have, I expect your higher res stuff to be great too.

Perhaps it would be nice to see you diversify in content a bit. Most of these models are good for the games they were made for, but perhaps try something a little more fanciful and "gamey." Like a hero kind of character and not just a character you'd expect to see in the background. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think it would be nice to show some more creativity and style.
  • III ZoNeR III
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arkadius wrote: »
    I think you have a good site there, You probably just want a full body character done with todays technology (normal map, Spec, etc..). The heads are pretty nice too.

Thanx! Great to hear the positive feedback :)
    And yeah. I plan on creating a full body character next. One that has normal, spec, and such. Hopefully get it into the Unreal engine as well. I would like to get more knowledgeable with that engine since it's so popular.

haikai wrote: »
    Perhaps it would be nice to see you diversify in content a bit. Most of these models are good for the games they were made for, but perhaps try something a little more fanciful and "gamey." Like a hero kind of character.

Ah, I was thinking the same thing haikai. The next player model I'll be trying create will be a fantasy type character. One that would look good enough to be in that new that new Elder Scrolls V game "Skyrim". ...Well, that's the goal anyways. :poly121:

I'll be finishing the comps for the character soon. I already have a good idea what she's gonna look like so I have a clear direction to go in. Hopefully I'll have updates on my new character model up soon. :icon60:

-Andy
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    you have some really nice stuff on there man!

while I agree, I'd like to see something 'this gen', what you have is laid out really clearly and definitely shows great skill.

looking forward to your next character!