Home Technical Talk

3Ds Max Tutorial for Absolute Beginners?

Hey guys,

Well, I've been messing around in 3Ds Max for the last few days, but at the moment I'm still at a fairly big loss as to how to make anything (apart from really simple shapes).

Because I'm only a high school student (14 years old) there's no easy way for me to get a university/polytechnic course in it (but I am trying), and I'm really keen on getting into the software. I've used blender before, so I understand how to model, but I'm quite unused to the vast array of buttons and modifiers that 3Ds Max demands that you use. As well, I found blender was very vertice based whereas 3Ds Max is something similar but not the same :).

If anyone knows where I can find a really comprehensive guide that will help me pick up the tools, I would be much indebted :D. I've been through their 'Essential' tutorials, but there was not a great deal there, and all other tutorials either seem to be similarly low levelled or requiring a high level of experience with different tools that I still need to gain.

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place for asking for help with tutorials, just couldn't see a better place :P.

And thanks in advance,
NoCakeFourU

Replies