Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Plugin Help

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
Greetings guys;

I know this has been discussed before and I apologize in advance for putting it here. I am having problems installing zbrush plugins using zbrush 4

for starters: There is a Goz XSI that doesnt work. I mean the options show after the installation but when I start the zbrush 4. Its not in the Goz option. Plus the Goz option has been disabled and I dont know how to re-activate it.

Secondly, there are tons of plugins that I try to install but they dont show up in the zbrush 4. =\

If anyone have faced the same problem and discussed it before please direct me to the thread it was discussed in. Or state the procedure that you've applied to fix it.

(yes yes I have the legal copy of it)

EDIT: Seriously I hate to ask help from someone but I was left with no choice but this.

Replies

• cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Is it an official GoZ Plugin, or just GoZ Softimage Lite? The latter should have the export/import options under the Tool palette. There are some extra steps to install that one, but for the most part just make sure to install any plugins to your \ZStartup\ZPlugs folder and they should be there the next time Zbrush restarts.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    yes softimage lite is what I am talking about its not in the plugin tab.
    Restart the entire computer and start zbrush? Or just restart the zbrush. =\
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Just Zbrush. From the sounds of Lite, it isn't going to be in the Plugin tab with the rest of the plugins, but on the Tools one somewhere (a previous post on ZBC said at the bottom of the Tool Palette)
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually now its worst, I got home from college and ran up the Zbrush it does show the Goz softimage but now it crashes on occasions. I have yet to install the other zbrush plugins and I am still trying to figure out how much mem I can provide to it for better subdiv lvl.

Or I need to understand how to optimize my polycount in terms of sub division levels as I am still learning.