Home Technical Talk

Tri Count in 3DS MAX

keyframe
Offline / Send Message
Sharvo keyframe
Hey all,

Real easy question here but cant find a solution i can get the poly and vert total up by pressing 7 but i cant see the tri count i know i could just x2 the poly count, i think. But does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Simon

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Up in the right corner of the viewport click the [+] and choose configure, then click on the Statistics Tab, from there you can toggle on/off various settings.

Going forward, if you save a default scene named "maxstart.max" to your scenes folder (in the 3dsmax root folder) with it configured this way, 3dsmax will use those settings every time it loads. However any old scenes you load will load the old config so you'll have to update those files.
  • SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    And Polycount * 2 is not always = tricount only if the model consists of only quads(or by coincidence)
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    I wish Max and Maya could also show vertex sets, that would be awesome.

7 is the hotkey to toggle tri count on and off. At least im 90% sure thats the default as I cant imagine ever setting it to an odd key like 7 myself :)
  • jimmypopali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I always select Polygons, Tri's and Total+Selection, something along the lines of that.