Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

BlazeF's Prop Thread

triangle
Offline / Send Message
BlazeF triangle
Heya guys!

So over the past year I'd been more or less going crazy with my art. 2D, 3D, interface, traditional, furniture??? and other creative pieces.

At the beginning of October however I'd gotten a chance to sit down with a recruiter and was essentially told, "Focus dumbass!" lol

So trying to find that specialization that I wanted to invest in, I decided awhile back that a prop artist was something that I really wanted to do. From filler models to main pieces, there’s so much that a prop is able to provide an environment. You literally get to design almost anything you want and as complex as you want and it still counts as a prop ;) Obviously the more intricate, the more specialized the prop artist will be. It’s just too much fun!!!

Anyway, with a recent move I haven't had as much time as I wanted to working on these things. But in the past month I was able to knock out a couple fun props :)

Sticking with all hand painted stuff here. Diffuse and Alpha maps only.

***These are personal works***

First is a Murloc Mailbox. Wanted to do something fun and a little different, plus I hate murlocs :P

aferguson-murlocmailbox_finished-render2.jpg

Here's a little, superquick in-game photoshop work :P

murlocmailbox_beautyshot1.jpg

The second is a project I'd kinda wanted for awhile heh. But decided to map everything out and create the GNOME PUNTER! Was thinking about some mini-game launching Gnomes into a pile of bombs... kinda like a golf game xD

aferguson-gnomepunter.jpg

And for this, made a super quick In-Game shot with a corny little start screen, heh.

aferguson-supergnomepunter.jpg

And that's all for now. Working on some weapons and weapon racks... more like the specific weapon container for each weapon.

Should be fun! I'll post whenever I finish em up.

Replies