Home Technical Talk

maya looping, harden/soften edge

hi guys i just learn maya by using looping hotkey it was very fast n easy to model by using loop skill..
at 1st when i using the hotkey it looks don have any problem..
but after few times sometimes i use hotkey... it wont pop up the menu just only white line appear in flip sec then like ntg happen.

the loop hotkey is like hold ctrl and right click the mouse btn.. it will appear .. buts sometimes it din work ..
pls urgent some1pls helpme

i don understand abt the soften/harden edge also help me:(

thank you

Replies

• DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    This section is for general discussion only, if you please be kind enough to look for the answer in the Tech section of this website. Or PC Wiki for How to use the Hotkeys in Maya.
    That would be really great!.

it is Control and middle mouse button I believe (or was when I used to use maya back in the days)

Lmb(Left mouse button) + press and Hold Ctrl would allow you to loop select.
    Mmb(Mid Mouse button) + Hold Ctrl would allow you to range select. Or something like that.

Good luck
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, use human english, so that critical portions of your problem may be conveyed to other forum members.

For the second question, what help do you need with soften/harden edge?
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To harden or soften the edges, select polygons in your drop down menu on the left.

Then:
    Normals>Soften Edges
    Normals>Harden Edges
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Also, use human english, so that critical portions of your problem may be conveyed to other forum members.

For the second question, what help do you need with soften/harden edge?

This is what I was seriously afread of and it forced me to reply him as fast as possible.

You and people like you need to learn to respect others before you consider giving him such comments on their speaking/writing skills in english. Knowing that many people does not have english as their first language.

If you fail to understand his point or question, ask him again..NICELY!!, or rephrase it to have a best possible understanding by assumption.