Home General Discussion

Costume Quest

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
I don't have a console so anyone pick it up? Is it any good?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY_bCw8EPj8[/ame]

Replies

• Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's pretty fun. Just a wee turn-based RPG really, but with Double Fine's usual good humour applied. It's not anything particularly revolutionary but what it does, it does well.

My girlfriend finished it in about 6 hours and really enjoyed it, but said it was maybe a bit too short for the asking price (or, I should clarify, was disappointed it was over so soon - she wanted to play a lot more of it). I'm only about an hour in so far, so can't say...
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Would have payed double for those 6 hours. :).

Loved every minute of it.

Also got to meet one of the devs at our local auzzie conference. Cool dude, i wonder if the rest of the studio is as cool as him, but judging from the videos and pictures of the crew i assume so.
  • dtschultz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dtschultz polycounter lvl 12
    What I've played so far has been pretty cool. I want to see if the combat gets more interesting. Right now there's no real sense of urgency or complexity in the turn-based stuff, but I'm only a level 2. I definitely like the exploration part of the world, and everyone you encounter actually says something funny. It's worth checking out.
  • HandSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Played through it over the weekend. Its a fun little game. I loved the bits of humor and the Halloween nostalgia. I didn't like the lack of voice acting and the repetitiveness of the battle system. Good fun though for sure.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I would have gotten this but it seems like most of your time is spent having battles, and that the battles are pretty boring gameplay wise.

The humor and running around trick or treating bits seemed cool.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    It's the first game my kids have begged to play with them. Pretty neat game for kids. Only 400mb wish it was 1gb with VO.

Otherwise it's like Earthbound and Mario & Luigi RPG had a small child and Tim Schafer adopted that child and taught it witty banter. Then the child went off to Tim Burton's college of quirky and artsy design in Burbank, CA and got a degree there. Then that child made a downloadable game.