Home General Discussion

Diablo 3 - Demon Hunter Cinematic

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
vofff polycounter lvl 10
Oh crap this game is going to be really dang awesome!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKeJn-zfm7s&feature[/ame]

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'm excited about D3 now, the last character trailer was BAD

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0aakGdBSl8[/ame]
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    Mage or Demon hunter, my first char when it comes out :)

However i'm hoping for a shape shifter (druid like) char in a expansion? :D
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    I'm totally gonna be a witch... uh dude.... Demon hunter is semi cool tho. :)
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    Laaaaaaaame!
    This comes nowhere near the coolness and achievement that were the original D1+2 cinematics. I'll never forget the raven picking that eye. This is just in-game animated stuff but still... total cheese. Had only the game/cinematics retained the look of the actual D3 logo...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kPXdtz_c4[/ame]

Damn you WoW.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love diablo as much as the rest of you (Favorite game series of all time pretty much) but the newest one is looking wicked aswell. Sure it's been pulled in a new direction art-wise but goddamn we all know they will deliver :)
  • catstyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i agree, that was total cheese :S the game itself will hopefully be amazing though
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks awesome. The Monk was horrible XD
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    As far as the Cinematic...

Its not even the art direction. Its just not that well done. It looks rendered in engine (which if it is fine however I think its not). The animation is jerky and not smooth.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    didn't they get some minor cinematics team during world of warcraft?
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    Go go gadgets.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I really hope its in-game cinematics.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    These cinematics were rather disappointing, looks so trivially and rough,
    and where's atmosphere of previous games?
    T_T
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Step back a bit and realize that these are just announcement trailers, like with the monk and wizard.

They're not going to replace the old style cinematics with this stuff.
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    Some people are quick to judge these character trailers as big cheese cinematics, just watch the Cinematic Trailer.

Granted the Monk announcement was pretty horrid, though the Demon Hunter had great atmosphere.. Just as Eld said, it's not a cinematic, it's just a class reveal.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not sure I get the "These are just announcement trailers" thing. Maybe it's not the same everywhere, but for most places I know of, you don't release half-assed announcement trailers. Bad marketing. You want the announcement trailers to be mind blowing to get people excited. So to say these shouldn't be judged because they are "just announcement trailers" is a bit odd.

So yea... these left me pretty cool sadly. I love diablo and can't wait for D3, but honestly, the quality of those trailers is just not what I expect for such a high profile game. I agree with oxy. It's not the direction, it's the actual quality. (Though the direction wasn't really impressive either IMO)

Ahh well, wait and see. :)
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Tulkamir wrote: »
    I'm not sure I get the "These are just announcement trailers" thing. Maybe it's not the same everywhere, but for most places I know of, you don't release half-assed announcement trailers. Bad marketing. You want the announcement trailers to be mind blowing to get people excited. So to say these shouldn't be judged because they are "just announcement trailers" is a bit odd.

So yea... these left me pretty cool sadly. I love diablo and can't wait for D3, but honestly, the quality of those trailers is just not what I expect for such a high profile game. I agree with oxy. It's not the direction, it's the actual quality. (Though the direction wasn't really impressive either IMO)

Ahh well, wait and see. :)

That's the problem with setting the standards to high as a company :p, people expect nothing less than pre-rendered high-quality cinematic trailers with the best quality in the entire industry.

But atleast these are not going to be the ingame one, since when they do those they it's in the vein of sc2 ingame cinematics.

(problem though is, in world of warcraft they actually do some cinematics in this style, (defeat of arthas etc) )
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    eld wrote: »
    That's the problem with setting the standards to high as a company :p, people expect nothing less than pre-rendered high-quality cinematic trailers with the best quality in the entire industry.

Sort of I suppose... but my problem isn't that they aren't pre-rendered quality, it's that they seem lower quality than the average in-game cinematic of a AAA game these days. So yea, I'm not measuring them by Blizzard standards, but rather by how they compare to what I am playing myself these days and what trends I am seeing.

Anyways, for now I suppose it's best to put it off as a bit of a marketing blunder and hope that the actual game is a bit more polished. :) Especially given the quality of the talent over there I'd suppose there's not much reason for worry.

I should also say - The actual gameplay footage looks pretty cool, so yea, whatever I guess. :)
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    If these are not real time then something is really wrong with the cinematics guys down there. And as well all know they fucking rock, that just means these are all real time. They better not skimp on the prerendered cinematics like in SC2.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Thegodzero wrote: »
    If these are not real time then something is really wrong with the cinematics guys down there. And as well all know they fucking rock, that just means these are all real time. They better not skimp on the prerendered cinematics like in SC2.

They created a new cinematics team at some point, to handle these kind of things, I think talked about it in the making-of WOTLK.

So as far as I know it's not a product of the main cinematics team.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I have been really underwhelmed by all of the Blizzard trailers since the SC2 space marine one.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    I wish these didnt all use the same old boring 'mysterious stranger gets cornered then starts kicking ass' plot.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    kwakkie wrote: »
    I wish these didnt all use the same old boring 'mysterious stranger gets cornered then starts kicking ass' plot.

"Its totally not like that at all!"
    "Okay kinda"
    "Yeah I know its really cliche,"
    "Stop pushing me into the corner!"
    "Dude back up!"

*whips out double chain saws*

WRRAAAGGH!
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    kwakkie wrote: »
    Is that criticism on the cinematics or on the game ;p ?
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas wrote: »
    I have been really underwhelmed by all of the Blizzard trailers since the SC2 space marine one.
    What about kerrigan kicking zerg ass?
  • eld
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Wahlgren wrote: »
    What about kerrigan kicking zerg ass?

Yeah that one is pretty great too-- I didn't play SC2 so I missed out on some of that.