Home Technical Talk

Deep UV 3d Studio Max plugin

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
kunglao polycounter lvl 18
Hi guys,
Really need some help please.
Does anyone have a solution/script/ for Deep UV v1.3.09 to run from within 3D Studio Max 2008/2011.

During installation under 3d max plugins option it only went up to Max 9.

I know its an old program (used the earlier ver 1.2) and i have emailed Right Hemisphere about this.
It launches fine as a standalone but i have always had probs importing/exporting this way.

Thanks.

Replies

• kunglao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kunglao polycounter lvl 18
    Sorted thanks to Ben Mathis,
    Just manually copy the exchange plugin from the plugin folder of deep UV, and put it in the plugin folder of Max
  • Nacon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Interesting... Sorry to bring up an old thread but I appear to have this problem. Dropping the plugin in 3DS Max 2010 doesn't work.
    It popped up with error code:127, specified procedure could not be found. Failed to initialize RightHemisphere.dlu

Windows 7 64x
    3DS Max 2010 32bit on SP1
    DeepUV 1.3.0.9

Any idea?
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    maybe you guys should start looking into alternatives, Right Hemnisphere seemed to stop developing or investing much more into DeepUV/3D. Alternatives these days are Mudbox, zBrush, Photoshop Cs4+, BodyPaint and 3D coat.
  • Nacon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had saw your post a week ago and didn't like the idea to switch another tool that's has been in my comfort for so long. However, a friend of mine heard my problem (complaints) and suggested TexTools script for Max. Surprising it has my comfort, figured I'd share here; see if kunglao likes it.

http://www.renderhjs.net/textools/

EDIT: wtf... Just saw the link to Polycount discussion thread on TexTools' site and took me a moment to realized it was created and posted by you. Wondering why didn't you mention it in your post? lol?
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    small world sometimes :)