Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Predator Crate

twigdamnyou
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
twigdamnyou polycounter lvl 8
So i just finished my first assignment for school which was to design a crate model it and then texture it. the teacher said it was pretty good but that i could improve on it and as such i would like ya'll to critique it as well. (classmates critique wasn't all that help full)

side.jpg

perspec.jpg

top.jpg

Replies

• TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Post some shaded wirefames and texture maps plz
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    What you have here looks pretty good. Was there some limit to how many polygons you could use? What was the project outline? One thing I could maybe suggest is more extruding parts to reduce the whole box shape. If you haven't already maybe you can make it so it opens and create some interior too.
  • twigdamnyou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    twigdamnyou polycounter lvl 8
    edit: the max polys was 400 i beleive i was under 300. For the outline we were given three shapes and told to pick one of the shapes and then make a crate

heres the wire

Untitled-2.jpg

aaaand texture maps

(normal)
    KylePerkind_crate_Normal.jpg

(diffuse)
    KylePerkind_Crate_Diffuse.jpg

(spec)
    KylePerkind_crate_Spec.jpg
  • Mind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mind triangle
    Yeah like said kosh_fotsirk do you have some restrictions like tris count? just add a bevel on your flat sides, it can reduce the really hard edge impression and a last thing , what do you use for renders, because the normal is not really visible i think, try marmoset for exemple. (just a suggestion :) )
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Did you just paint the normals in? or did you actually model the high poly one? It would be nice to see the nice rendered one if you have it. That one looks kinda boxy. and not very interesting. But i guess that is what is expected of a prop that is a crate... no matter what universe its in.