Home General Discussion

Medal of Honor Beta

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
Hrmmm. anyone playing? Been playing all morning seems more like COD then any battlefield games, the maps are soo small. I've been playing a lot of Bad Company 2 still so the maps seem so small to me. I feel claustrophobic in them. lots of action, but just because you are fitting a bunch of folks in a shoebox.

looks nice though

Replies

• Racer445
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
    the best way i've found to sum it up is that it plays and feels just like a korean COD clone. the only thing it's missing is some dude who yells HEADSHOT while a big HEADSHOT graphic comes up on the screen.

not a quality product.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I played the closed beta a while back and really enjoyed it. on that helman valley map the long range shooting really made you feel like you have to sprint from cover to cover while backing up your teammates. a bit more of a tactical feel than sprint around and knife everything in sight.

some of the guns feel like they lack a little oomph when you shoot them, but others are great. I would say the audio is one of the games better features, really detailed and crisp sound effects and wicked bullet whizzing by/hitting things all around you.

I enjoy the objective based gameplay it feels like the bad company charge to certain points, although it lacks the wide open levels. seeing as I am a fan of infantry combat over vehicle shit any day I like the focus on running around with your team mates covering each other as you advance.

ill probably pick this game up next week, the singleplayer campaign im expecting to be lots of heavily scripted sequences trying to be like CoD but I really dont care, im sure it will be mindless fun.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Racer445 wrote: »
    the best way i've found to sum it up is that it plays and feels just like a korean COD clone. the only thing it's missing is some dude who yells HEADSHOT while a big HEADSHOT graphic comes up on the screen.

not a quality product.

this.

I would also describe it as an amateur BC2 mod, where somebody tweaked all the damage numbers and reload times and everything to carefully make the game no fun.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    It has its good points, but my word, the guys at Danger Close AND Dice need to learn to tone the god damn bloom down... It was bad enough in the sand maps in BC2, but the bloom in the snow map doesn't just look bad, it looks horrible, to the point of not being able to see anything...

But I am enjoying it. It likely wont even make a dent in Black Ops, and why should it, Black Ops just has so much more to offer. But I have to give them credit for it, its pretty cool... Aside from the UI designer, who should be fired. I'm not even epileptic but I feel like a fit coming on any time I get an award...
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 14
    MOH Beta? screw that!
    You guys should instead check out this incredible Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 multiplayer mod! Visually it's not bad, it's obvious they reused a bunch of animations and sounds but it's pretty good! It has american soldiers pit against afghan opfor ( I guess they're Taliban), combat is kind of sloppy and it's super easy to get kills in it, but it's good for a mod!
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    canceled my preorder..
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Just wait for Battlefield 3. Shit will go down. :)
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lets hope it wont go down crossplatfrom and SUCK BALLS!
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Tried the open beta, uninstall for me. Bad Company 2 is a much better MP experience than this which is sad because I expected DICE to do better. It feels like essentially a Modern Warfare 2 clone in MP game play which is probably what EA was trying for. Hope the single player is a little more enjoyable. The "enemy" still looks and feels like the Taliban :(

Waiting for Battlefield 3!
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Lee3dee wrote: »
    The "enemy" still looks and feels like the Taliban :(

Thats because the only thing they changed was the name. Taliban is the new seven letter word it seems.

Wasnt expecting anything more then a MW2 rip off for multiplayer after seeing the vids. Maybe single player will be worth a rental, game sure looks nice at least.
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    Been playing the beta with a buddy, maps are too small for sure. I don't mind it but i may rent the full game on my 360 when it comes out first..
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Been in the beta for a long time, it feels to me as they have combined the worst points of both BC2 and MW2 into a single experience which is just awful. Sorry the frostbite engine is horrid for bullet prediction, either that or they designed it like that. There is occasions where I round a corner and shoot someone and we both die at the same time and it happens about twice a match and is really frustrating, the sniping is just so off (coming from someone who is a excellent sniper in both bf2 and bc2) it makes me laugh. The game just feels too forced, all this tier 1 beardy crap just makes me think they are trying just way too hard to grab the Call of duty kids attention ... and failing.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    FYI, I've had the "both die at once" thing too, yet we both used bullet based weapons... Which, the actual chance of that happening in a game should be near enough zero you would think?