Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Watering Hole: Ugg's Place

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
Starting up this little environment project. Going for hand painted style and going to flesh it out in concept before I move on to 3d.

What thumbs you guys like the best?

Suggestions idea's on composition. I really want this to be a learning thread!:thumbup::)

Watering%20Hole%20Thumbs.jpg?w=659aaf29

Replies

• PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    another quick concept on the hut

Hut%20Concet%20Sketch.jpg?w=e096fcd6
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bringing this project back to life
    Basic Layout Sheet
    Hut%20Level%20Layout%20copy.jpg?w=c2772b2a

Quick Concepts for various parts
    Concept%20Sheet.jpg?w=052da9af

Going to finish.a block-out tomorrow before I start iterating to the 3d art
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So trucked away on modeling the bridge today and started texturing (will show that when Im done)

But anyways here's the bridge the slightly red tinted part can be copied to make it longer/shorter etc and the green tinted is the connector piece from hut/tower/etc to the bridge

bridgewip.png

Not quite sure If I am going to keep the ropes so detailed. Might replace them with a 5 sided cylinder with the inside edges rotated. We'll see what happens...
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah it's probably a good idea to take a few of the polies from the ropes and put them in the floating logs(barrels?) instead.

What's the idea of a watering hole? having a building in a pond, acting like a moat? Wikipedia only told me that it was another word for a pub/caf
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader wrote: »
    Yeah it's probably a good idea to take a few of the polies from the ropes and put them in the floating logs(barrels?) instead.

What's the idea of a watering hole? having a building in a pond, acting like a moat? Wikipedia only told me that it was another word for a pub/caf
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    holy crap! save your images as jpg's, the first image is 1.7 MB! The slowness of imageshack combined with the insane file size resulted in me having to wait a minute before the first image was loaded. Just save as jpg with a 80% - 90% compression. There is absolutly no need to save those sketches as png's
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Imageshack saves them as png's because I uploaded them as bmp's anyways re-uploaded images as jpeg's from dropbox and should load a ton faster now. Will have another update soon