Home Technical Talk

ZBrush: Don't affect changes on hiher Sub-Ds

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Famouz polycounter lvl 8
Is it possible to make changes on the first subdivision (there's my Lowpoly and there are my UVs) without affecting the highpoly?
Because I made a Highpoly with a sculpting mesh, projected those details onto my Lowpoly. Before projecting I made a Morph Target so I can get back to my originl Lowpoly where the Mesh is as I want and where my Uvs aren't stretched, but when I the go back to my highest Sub-D all my details changed too.

What can I do in such case?

Replies

• Famouz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Famouz polycounter lvl 8
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around what you want to accomplish. The way I'm currently reading it, I don't see how you could alter any model and have it not affect how the model subdivides.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Dont really undertand what you're trying to do here? Do you just want to bake the polypaint onto a lowpoly mesh with UVs? If you want the high to have the UVs of the low without re-projecting its details, then you're going to need to use the original low and unwrap that, making sure the point order doesn't change in the process.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah it sounds like you're trying to combine two completely separate processes into one and somehow hope it works.
    You don't need to project (in the zbrush sense) your highpoly details onto your new lowpoly mesh, instead you need to bake that if you want a normal map or something like that.

There is absolutely no way to do what you're asking, the lower subdivision's shape is implicitly linked to the shape of the higher subdivisions, you can't change one and not change the others.