Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

FrozenCore#6 3D Work

Hi Everyone
*quick Intro :) *

I'm A Noobie 3D Designer .. I Like Video Editting , Photoshop And Drawing
I Like Anime

And I'mA Muslim , I Live In The Middle East .. And I Don't Really Care About What U Think About it >,>*

Anyways :) I Hope I can Learn new Stuff here ... And ... Um ..

I'm Out Of Words .. Soz XD

I Use Maya 2011 And I'm Trying To Learn The Basic Of Z Brush :P

For Starters here is my Latest model

It's My First Hard Suface Model Without using Any Tuts. Or References ..

I Still Didn't Make A Low Poly For Baking .. Will Do After Fixing This One Up :D

RoboSpideyPreview.png
BehindGlassSpideyPreview.png
SpideyUnwrapped.png
TechnoSpideyUVMap.png
SpideyPolyError.png
SpideyPolyError2.png

Sorry For The Messed Up UV Map .On The Texture Map :P ...

here Is A Vid. Explaining The Rendering Error

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08n-tKsZUSw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08n-tKsZUSw[/ame]

Hope U can Help me Out :P

Replies

• FrozenCore#6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    o,o ... No one Wants To Welcome Me To The Forum :'(

:P here is A Quick Update

I Fixed Up The Model .. Seems i Had Some Duplicating Errors
    I Downloaded Max Assigned New Mats. And Now Trying To Learn he Basics Of Rigging

Spidey.png
    Spideyback.png
    Spideybottom.png
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Welcome. Also, best not to put childish nu metal on a video about game art ;)
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    It's My First Hard Suface Model Without using Any Tuts. Or References

Why would you tell that!! You have to use references for everything..
  • 3DRyan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
    This looks great so far, but make sure you texture it well. That'll make or break it.
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Rawr, good to see friends setting up camp here aswell :)

Throw some nosie down on the white areas on the chassis or add some defining features to it, itll make it stand out a little more ;)
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why would you tell that!! You have to use references for everything..

i also find it hard to believe anyone could learn how to hard surface model by themselves without a single tut or reference
  • ScottHoneycutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottHoneycutt polycounter lvl 14
    I have mega-problems when I try to make objects without taking the time to use references. Everyone I've talked to about it on every forum I'm on has made it clear that theirs no reason not to use a reference. I don't mean to talk about myself but to say I know from experience that this advice is really true. Look up images of other "objects" similar to this in someway. You could get an idea from devices that are completely different as well. I personally think what you have here is kinda cool but without using references you won't impress too many people.
  • FrozenCore#6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everybody
    And Hai Laz :D

Meh Geuss I Didn Explain Myself Well :P

Woot I meant By References Washaving actual reference images from google in the scene..
    I Just Thought Of The Concept And Looked At Some Pics On Google To Get The Basics of How My Model Should Be.

Anyways .. @ The texture I was Making it . *Portal 2* Style .. I Made A new texture Which Really Doesn't Go Well With The UV Map .. but Here It is

I Shrinked it To 2k x 2k So I Can Upload

Made From Scratch
    original file 4k x 4k px

MetalTexture.png

If I Have Time Today I Might Start Working On A Head Model .. Need To Practice Max a Bit

And If I Dont Have Much Time I Might Try Fix Up The Original Spidey Texture :P
  • PatrickL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PatrickL polycounter lvl 9
    You're metal texture isn't bad, but the scratches just look plain silly the way they are now. Check out this link: http://cg.tutsplus.com/articles/news/how-to-hand-paint-convincing-metal-textures/

Follow that tutorial, and you'll have beautiful metal textures.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    Its actually a very good idea to keep reference in your scene. using reference is no cheating, its the best way to get great results.
    Welcome to PC :)
  • FrozenCore#6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Guys

The Tut. Is really really Useful And I'm Almost Done With it .. I Just need Some help With The Colors ..

I'll try use references Next Time :P

It Was Good Practice To get Used To 3Ds's Interface And I Gotta Say it's much better than Maya :P

so here's My Current Texture map ..
    plz Tell Me If I need Any Color Adjusments

FloorTexture.png

And Here's The Metal Texture ..

MetalTexture-1.png

I Didn't really understand everything done in the video but i tried to get same results .. so Any good?

EDit Soz At Wierd BG On Texture Map

also any tuts For The Pattern In The Dark Parts? .. I Dunno How To Make Them :S
  • FrozenCore#6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    k Here's An Update On The texture I Hope It's Good

FloorTexture2.png
  • FrozenCore#6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kay So Atlast This Floor Has Come To An End :P

I'm Pretty Happy With This Since It's My First Try Doing Something Like That...

here The NM And Some Piccys :3

NormalMap.png
    FloorPreview.png
    FloorPreview1.png

I Luv Xoliul ^,^

So How Is It?
  • Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    It's not bad at all for a first tiling texture. The biggest thing that stands out to me is that there is not even close to cohesion between the black grating and the rest of the metal. It needs wear, abrasion, and scrapes on the top of it, just like the rest of the texture. Think about where you are putting your scrapes. The blue trim is looking decent, but the greyish metal has random uniform scratches, while the black grate has none at all.

Dont forget that nearly everything to a metal material is in the specular. Don't be afraid to bump it up more than you have now - and if you would post your specular flats, most of the knowledgeable people here would be able to give you far better advice on what you need to fix.
  • FrozenCore#6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ty Razgriz I'll Try Fix It Tommorow If I Have Time

Okay I've Been Away For About 4-5 Days ... I Was Modelling An AK47u Following Racer's Tut. .. I Think I put Some Extra Details Which Really Aren't Needed But I Thought It Should Be Cool Since Anyways I'mm Gonna Bake It ..

And Sorry For not Posting Any Pics Of This ... It's 5:44 Am Here And I Should Really Be Gone To Sleep b4 My Dad Wakes Up XD

AK47u :

AK47uByFrozenCore6Preview.png
  • FrozenCore#6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok I Made The Low Poly Ak74u , Uv Mapped It And Trying To Bake

But i've Been Having Alot of Errors Which Are Really Annoying me And Wasting My Time.

I was testing the bake on 1 part just to make things easier the cage is covering everything and its close to the object. but i keep getting empty pieces in the normal map and the Bg Isn't Filled With That Purple Like color , So I Saved A PNG And filled the Bg With The color And Applied It To The Low Poly .... Ugly Outcome

K Here Are Piccys For Everything and There Is A Download Link Under Them In case U Wanna Check out The Thing Upclose ...

It's Only 400 KB So Dont be Lazy :P

ak74uannoyingbakingerro.png

raymisscheck.png

rendersettings.png

suckynormalmap.png

Download:

[URL="http://depositfiles.com/files/wqswokoka]http://depositfiles.com/files/wqswokok"]http://depositfiles.com/files/wqswokoka]http://depositfiles.com/files/wqswokok[/URL]
  • FrozenCore#6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well It Seems A Bit Quiet Here >,<

Here's Some 2D art :

I Started This Following A Hand Painting tut. And Then I Couldn't Progress So Well So I Gave up on Hand painting And Continued using Photoshop Tools Including Topaz's Clean

c080d72e0492e84d860d9d2ef8f262d9-d2yi6t6.png

eb644c947b191554f1229f8185fc1a79-d2yi71q.png
  • FrozenCore#6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys , here's my latest doodle in school
    hopefully gunna make some sort of wallpaper or anything of that kind

I might not model it soon as well as putting details to the scifi spider due to exams But i'll do my best :)

Concept: Scifi robot being Repaired
    Need: ideas for the the stuff coming out of the broken areas

so what do you think ?

scifirepair.png