Home General Discussion

Everything Exciting About Guild Wars 2 In One Video

Em.
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Em. polycounter lvl 17
http://kotaku.com/5609316/everything-exciting-about-guild-wars-2-in-one-video

I was excited for this game in the first place, and have always really dug what ArenaNet cranks out, but damn, this just pushed me over the edge.

Replies

• McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah, I really hope they pull it off, because some of the things they want to do has been bugging me a long time with MMORPGs, namely the "save the princess like the 100k other people has done"-quests. I always wanted quests to be taken and solved by someone and then it was gone. Just not easy to make, and random generators is often obvious and just as bad because then the quest feels unpersonal.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    the mmo bashing was a bit too much, considering the trailer speaks so well on its own without that.

It's better to keep it to how your game is good, not how you think everyone elses is bad :)

Changing instance zones looks according to the quest results is not what I call a dynamic persistant world, considering it will only affect you alone, and not the ones who did that quest in a different way, you're still killing ten centaurs in the end, even if they make a speech to crom before they attack instead of waiting for you on a field.

saving the princess a hundred times is the very side effect of how a shared world works, everybody wants to be the hero, otherwise a few will be the hero, and the rest will be ratslayers and bread bakers.

I can garantee you that everyone will be saving the princess a hundred times in this game too.

I want to bang those visuals though.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    I posted this is in the gw2 thread. TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    looks good.

Will buy.

:)
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Gah, sorry Stoofoo! Forgot about that thread, and nice lookin' game. :)
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    I was excited for this game in the first place, and have always really dug what ArenaNet cranks out, but damn, this just pushed me over the edge.

On the first points, I'm the total opposite. The first game was generic ,very boring and I really don't think it knew what it wanted to be. But I love the look of the second one and hopefully it's changed enough to tempt me, but I fear they will again shoot for things and not flesh it out properly.
  • Tom Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great and does indeed sound like a lot of fun but one phrase had me concerned from the outset;

'No monthly fees'

I'm not familiar with Guild Wars 1 but does this mean they run on microtransactions? Real money for in game stuff etc?

I hope not.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    I'm not familiar with Guild Wars 1 but does this mean they run on microtransactions? Real money for in game stuff etc?

I hope not.

I think I head about some stuff having to do with microtransactions, but from what I understand it's not going to be a huge part of the game.

Anyway, this game is looking better and better. Unless ArenaNet does the unthinkable and just completely screws the pooch on this, I'm going to be buying it on launch day.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    Graphics are pretty but everything else has been said many times by many other developers.
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
    Im so glad im getting a new laptop with a 480m in it, i dont think my current laptop with 64mb of dedicated gfx is going to run this, this will be a day one buy for me.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    ^pre-order?

DAMNIT!! they got the distructors/distroyers in GW2, the one mob I couldnt kill and always used to run away from it....I think it was in Eye of the north.

Suddonly I miss Guildwar 1 series :(

cant wait to try the second one though.
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
    Actually i pre-ordered it when i first saw it available for pre-order at gamestop.
    Not so sure about the shipping date though im fairly sure thats wrong.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75863