Home General Discussion

Worms: Reloaded!

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
AAAGH!! I loved these games when I was a young teen! I got up into the world top 100 for 1v1s in Worms: Armageddon when I was 13.

11 years later, they FINALLY release a version going back to the tried-and-true 2d layout.

I'm oozing with excitement in places I never thought I could ooze out of :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22600/

wormsreloadedmarch27.jpg

Replies

• 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My brother and all of my friends used to play Worms all of the time... I may be all over this!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    awwwweeesoooooommmme. The level editor looks sweet.

Just found my Worms World Party disc the other day. cant wait.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    you can get worms armaggedon 2 on xbox live... with more weapons than before.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I hated how after Worms 2, they nuked all the options to configure crazy game modes and custom weapons, instead giving you these silly limited settings like in Armageddon.
  • SojaBird
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I realy loved the Worms games back in the old days.
    I've also played a little of the 3D version ones though I think those were kind of... ocward.

The release of this new reloaded version makes me realy happy :3
    Though the price it has is quite a bit high, and also Steam is going crazy 'bout there price-difference.
    Anyway, I'd love to play this later when it's a bit cheaper and more afordable for me (holidays and all realy made me broke).
  • Zephiris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephiris polygon
    I used to play worms2 like, forever... Loved the endless customizing :3 I loved going kamikaaazeeee~. Loved using sheep and super sheep. Particularly loved delivering death by poking, especially after customizing it for maximum power :D
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haiasi wrote: »
    11 years later, they FINALLY release a version going back to the tried-and-true 2d layout.

Yeah, as stated before, there have been 2d releases very often. Maybe not on PC, but on consoles for sure.

Nice to see it's not an Armageddon port or sequel.

I'm looking forward to the level editor.

I've always dug the art style they developed for this series, but I do miss the simple art of worms and worms 2.
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 15
    I think the question should be asked..... Who didn't play Worms. The game was epic.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I too like their quirky art style. Who doesn't want to battle on the back of an old woman and be able to blow holes into her :)?

But yes, there may have been ports to other consoles, but WWP was the last real Worms game for PC. Even WWP didn't seem like it was up to par to W:A, and I'm sure you feel the same about W:A to W2.

Hopefully this is what we've all been waiting so long for :)
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Now that bring back some memories. New weapons and items are very welcome and I hope they come up with new game modes and item delivery systems to keep this thing addictive!
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Shit man... Played the shit out of Worms1 on PSX, then Worms Armagedom and World Party on PC! man... I spent more hours in this game with my friends than... i dunno, lol! :D

I got Worms Armagedon 2 on XBLA, (This Worms Reloaded apears to be the same game, but a PC port) but even though it's pretty accurate, it still not quite like Armagedon 1. That one still takes the crown as the best of them all.

I've always seen worms as chess advanced! :P

Anyway, I was very disapointed to not see the Worms theme on that vid, instead we get a very generic boring BG music.

THIS is epic:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D4Yr3ebNoQ[/ame]
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    i miss the opening movies of the worms games....
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Great memories, used to play it all the time with my bro as kids!! There was something so special about obtaining one of the super rare weapons, and there was RESPECT for anyone that mastered the simple ninja cord (whatever it was called?).

I remember downloading a demo I saw for the PS3 some time ago, and my brother gave it a try... it looked similar to the classic game, but the controls were IMPOSSIBLE!! It's clearly best for PC :p
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Looking forward to this one as well. I haven't played the series since Worms 2. Online 1vs1 must be fun.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    gunbound filled my need for 2d worms goodness and its only MP too !

Still this might be worht a look.

Theres also a facebook game thats a rip off from worms